- Stay Well-Heeled. Cimons, Marlene // Runner's World;Nov2001, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p32
Provides information on the symptoms and preventive strategies for Achilles tendinitis.
- Total Achilles Tendon Rupture: A Review. Leppilahti, J.; Orava, S. // Sports Medicine;Feb1998, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p79
There are only a few epidemiological studies on the incidence of Achilles tendon (AT) ruptures. These show an increase in incidence in the West during the past few decades. The main reason is probably the increased popularity of recreational sports among middle-aged people. Ball games constitute...
- Tendon Injuries: Genetic? // Horse & Rider;Oct2015, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p20
The article offers information on tendon injuries in horses and discusses its causes including genetic predisposition to tendon injuries, slips on ground or long work and mentions that recovery from the injury might take a long period of time.
- Flexor Tendon Repair and Rehabilitation. Boyer, Martin I.; Strickland, James W.; Engles, Drew R.; Sachar, Kavi; Leversedge, Fraser J. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Sep2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 9, p1684
Examines developments in flexor tendon repair and rehabilitation. Concept of adhesion-free or intrinsic, tendon-healing; surgical exploration and repair of flexor tendon lacerations under loupe magnification; Specific aspects of rehabilitation after flexor tendon surgery.
- Achilles tendon. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Jun1998, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Discusses the causes and treatment associated with Achilles tendon ruptures. What is an Achilles tendon; What causes Achilles tendons to rupture; How ruptured Achilles tendons are treated.
- A winter warmup. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jan/Feb95, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p28
Suggests a way of avoiding cold-weather muscle or tendon strain. Procedure.
- Treatment of Rupture of the Achilles Tendon. // American Family Physician;5/1/1994, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p1513
Presents a randomized, prospective trial by Cetti and associates to compare surgical and nonsurgical options in the treatment of rupture of the Achilles tendon. Subjects with sustained injury during sports activity; Rehabilitation program; `American Journal of Sports Medicine,' December 1993,...
- Rupture of the cranial pubic tendon in seven cats. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;3/1/2003, Vol. 152 Issue 9, p267
Presents the abstract of the study 'Rupture of the cranial pubic tendon in the cat,' by E.J. Friend and R.A.S. White published in the 'Journal of Small Animal Practice.'
- Achilles tendon ruptures increase. Rubin, Aaron; Wang, David H. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Feb97, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p18r
Presents an abstract of the study `Increasing incidence of Achilles tendon rupture,' by A. Moller, M. Astrom et al.
- Abstracts. Thompson, Clint // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Jul-Sep97, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p260
Presents an abstract of the article `Achilles Tendon Rupture: A New Technique for Easy Surgical Repair and Immediate Movement of the Ankle and Foot,' by P. Motta, C. Errichiello and I. Pontini which was published in the `American Journal of Sports Medicine' 1997.