- Erythropoietin and Erythropoiesis. Gurney, Clifford W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug66, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p373
Editorial. Discusses the clinical implications of studies on erythropoietin and erythropoiesis. Physiology and biochemistry of erythropoietin; Background on the popularity of such studies; Specific ways the studies help clinicians approach the nature of polycythemia.
- ESAs not cost-effective in cancer patients with anemia. Cona, Christen; Harris, Jason; Lawrence, Leah; Levitan, David; Southall, Jennifer // Hem/Onc Today;5/25/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p44
The article looks at a study about the use of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents published in an issue of "Cancer."
- ESA prescriptions down, transfusions up since Medicare reimbursement restriction introduced. // Hem/Onc Today;9/10/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p19
The article discusses research study on the prescriptions for erythropoiesis-stimulating agents in patients with chemotherapy-induced anemia, by G. Hess and colleagues, published in the "American Journal of Hematology."
- Cost effectiveness of ESAs highly uncertain. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Dec2014, Vol. 717 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses research being done on erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESA), referencing the study "Model-Based Cost-Utility Analysis of Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agents for the Treatment of Cancer-Treatment Induced Anaemia in the UK NHS" by T. Snowsill and colleagues presented at the...
- Aranesp Cardio Risks May be Greater Than Reported. // Bioworld Week;10/18/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p5
The article reports on the cardiovascular and renal risks of the erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA) Aranesp to treat anemia in nondialysis chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients with Type II diabetes which was believed to be greater than what was reported in Amgen Inc.'s failed TREAT study in...
- Alternate Night NHHD Found to Improve Anemia. // Renal & Urology News;Nov2014, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p15
The article presents research indicating the significance of nocturnal home hemodialysis on alternate nights in improving anemia and in decreasing the use of erythropoiesis-stimulating agent.
- Jottings... Glasziou, Paul // Evidence Based Medicine;Oct2008, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p130
The article discusses various reports published within the issue which include the study on the effects of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents in cancer-associated anaemia by C.L. Bennett and the prognostic study of ejection fractions by C. Tribouilloy.
- ESAs exert "neutral" effect on mortality, morbidity in HF. // Reactions Weekly;7/24/2010, Issue 1311, p2
The article focuses on a study about the neutral effect of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs) on heart failure (HF) patients with anemia in terms of mortality and non-fatal HF events.
- Hypoxia-inducible factorÂ–2 (HIF-2) regulates hepatic erythropoietin in vivo. Rankin, Erinn B.; Biju, Mangatt P.; Qingdu Liu; Unger, Travis L.; Rha, Jennifer; Johnson, Randall S.; Simon, M. Celeste; Keith, Brian; Haase, Volker H. // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Apr2007, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p1068
Erythropoiesis is critically dependent on erythropoietin (EPO), a glycoprotein hormone that is regulated by hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF). Hepatocytes are the primary source of extrarenal EPO in the adult and express HIF-1 and HIF-2, whose roles in the hypoxic induction of EPO remain...