- Content for Everyone: Making Information Accessible. QUESENBERY, WHITNEY // Intercom;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p6
The article discusses guidelines to help content more accessible such as writing for the audience, organizing information logically and designing for reading. It cites the need to understand the audience to write in a way that matches their expectations, fits their tasks and terminology they...
- Corrections. // Print;Mar/Apr83, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p114
Several corrections to the articles "Regional Design Annual," in the July/August 1982 issue, "Baseball 1981," in the November/December 1982 issue, and "spread from Emergency Medicine," in the November/December 1982 issue are presented.
- U.N. RELEASES REPORT ON IONIZING RADIATION. // National Provisioner;Jan2001, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the United Nations scientific committee on the effects of atomic radiation (UNSCEAR). Average dose of background radiation in the environment; Significance of UNSCEAR evaluations on government and organizations as a scientific basis to estimate health risk; Global exposure to natural...
- 5 Photo-Editing Tools. Jones, Petra // Crafts Report;Jun2010, Vol. 36 Issue 410, p28
The article describes some efficient and convenient tools of image editing to save time and money. It mentions the Fotosizer, which is used to resize high-resolution digital images, and the JPEG Lossless Rotator, used to avoid the loss of high resolution and reduction of the size of the file. It...
- One thousand words, plus a few more, is just right. Goldberg, Gail Lynn // Phi Delta Kappan;Nov2014, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p49
The article discusses the need for students to include text, in the form of captions, titles, or labels, to the images used in their science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) work and reports. Topics discussed include the use of electronic portfolios (e-portfolios) by students,...
- MGH customizes CT radiation doses using virtual autopsy. // Medicine on the Net;Jul2011, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the testing and customization of computed tomography (CT) protocols on cadavers at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts to determine the dosage needed among live patients in as much as half of the national reference levels.
- Editor's Note. // Drug Discovery & Development;Jan2011, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p32
A correction to the caption of the images in the pages 14 and 15 of the November/December 2010 issue of the journal "Discovery & Development" is presented.
- FOR THE RECORD. // Billboard;9/5/2009, Vol. 121 Issue 35, p4
A correction is presented which is concerned with a photograph caption which appeared in the August 15, 2009 issue.
- correction. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/8/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 3, p29
A correction to an article in which MGM Worldwide Television Distribution Group president Jim Packer was wrongly identified, is presented.