- Fixing `dancer's fracture'. Hoffman, Douglas G. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Aug96, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p36j
Comments on the findings from a study on professional ballet dancers can help physicians treat fractures of the distal shaft of the fifth metatarsal known as the `dancer's fracture' by M. J. O'Malley, W. G. Hamilton, et al. Management of majority of the fractures nonoperatively; Insight into...
- The elements of fracture fixation. Holz, Ulrich // Indian Journal of Orthopaedics;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p682
No abstract available.
- Iatrogenic metacarpal fracture complication secondary to K-wire fixation. Yuen Yung Loh, Charles; Nigel Yong Boon Ng; Meiling Loh; Kandamany, Nanda; Athanassopoulos, Thanassi // Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery;May-Aug2014, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p271
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a case of a K-wire-related complication in a Bennet fracture management.
- Safety of the limited open technique of bone-transfixing threaded-pin placement for external fixation of distal radial Fractures: A cadaver study. Hassan, Douglas M.; Johnston, Geoffrey H.F. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Oct99, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p363
Examines the safety of threaded-pin placement for fixation of distal radial fractures using a limited open approach. Study design and methods; Outcome measures.
- Mechanical failure of a gamma nail in a patient with an impending pathologic subtrochanteric fracture. Randle, John A.; Meisami-Fard, Borna; McKee, Michael D. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Oct99, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p384
Presents the case of a 45-year-old woman with a history of a pathologic right subtrochanteric femoral fracture which was fixed with a sliding pin and plate. Revision surgery due to mechanical failure of the plate; Results of radiographs; Preoperative laboratory findings; Procedure of...
- When is the best time to fix fractures? Revell, MP; Porter, KM // Trauma;Jul2002, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p159
The best time to operate on a fracture is governed in part by the nature of the fracture itself. It is also influenced by the premorbid condition of the patient and by the degree that associated injuries have disrupted normal processes. It is likely that some patients have a period of increased...
- Comments on Yang H-L et al.: Fluoroscopically-guided indirect posterior reduction and fixation of thoracolumbar burst fractures without fusion. // International Orthopaedics;Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p609
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Fluoroscopically-Guided Indirect Posterior Reduction and Fixation of Thoracolumbar Burst Fractures Without Fusion," by H. L. Yang et al, published in a previous issue.
- Posterior transodontoid fixation (Kotli technique): Not for all odontoid fractures. S., Meena // Journal of Craniovertebral Junction & Spine;Jul-Dec2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p102
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Posterior Transodontoid Fixation: A New Fixation (Kotli) Technique," by Kotli and colleagues, published in previous issue.
- nailing. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1539
An encyclopedia entry for the term "nailing" which refers to the process of fixing fragments of bone by use of a nail is presented.