- Think bold, Blair. // Public Finance;10/24/97, p8
Provides information on an announcement made by Tony Blair, labour prime minister at the Commonwealth Business Forum in Edinburgh in relation to his government's first privatisation. Opposition to the privatisation; Information on the Commonwealth Development Corporation.
- Land grab recalls Terra Nullius. Truman, Annolies // Green Left Weekly;11/3/2010, Issue 859, p6
The article reports on the protests made by Broome locals of the land grab by the Western Australian government of the 2500 hectares of pristine wilderness on James Point to make way for a 30 billion dollars liquefied natural gas (LNG) processing precinct.
- Kuwait. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/31/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p22
Reports that Kuwait Investment Authority will sell shares in listed and unlisted companies in Kuwait. Total worth of shares to be sold; Total worth of shares sold since the start of the privatization program in mid-1994.
- A New Indian Government Plan To Restrict Access To Green Spaces Has Environmentalists Up In. // AirGuide Online.com;12/14/2009, p4
The article reports on the plan of Indian government to have a privatization policy for sustainable development of public parks and places.
- Bermuda's Afro party is out of government. WILKINSON, BERT // New York Amsterdam News;12/27/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 52, p16
The article offers information on One Bermuda Alliance (OBA) that take over the government powers for next five years after winning over the Afro dominated Progressive Labor Party (PLP).
- Should your community own or operate a landfill? Rogoff, Marc J. // World Wastes;Jul1996, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p44
No abstract available.
- Taking sides on competition. // Point of Beginning;Jul97, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the positions of surveying and mapping organizations in the United States on the Freedom from Government Competition Act. Organizations opposing the bill; Endorsement of the legislation by the National Society of Professional Engineers.
- Week in Review: BUSINESS. // Budapest Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p2
Reports business developments in Hungary as of February 2002. Plan of the government to acquire the natural gas unit of MOL Rt; Announcement of a modified sale scheme for state-owned agriculture company Bï¿½bolna Rt.; Contract signing of Hungarian State Railways Rt. related to the purchase...
- Privatization in Croatia. Franicevic, Vojmir // Eastern European Economics;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p5
Presents the model, institutions and processes of privatization in Croatia. Analysis of the emerging ownership structure; Discussion of the legitimacy of the privatization outcomes; Key implications of privatization; Legacies of privatization.
- Disastrous Nigerian downsizing. George, Dev // Offshore;Aug96, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the decline in major oil producers' investments in Nigeria's oil sector following the Nigerian government's own decreased investment level. Consequences of poor decision-making on the part of management at state owned Nigerian National Petroleum Corp.; Reduction of the country's oil...