- Baking with palm oil. McCue, Nancy // Prepared Foods;Nov95, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p59
Focuses on the uses of palm oil. Palm oil as chemically different from both palm kernel oil and coconut oil; Palm oil as a rich source of vitamin A and vitamin E; Tocopherol content; Possible use of palm oil as cooking oil, shortening or a margarine; Usefulness of palm oil in baking applications.
- FDF palm oil guide launched. // Food Manufacture;Feb2015, p21
The article reports on the publication of a sustainable palm oil guide by British membership organisation Food and Drink Federation (FDF).
- Expanding the use of palm oil in Pakistan. Khan, Shafiq Ahmed // Economic Review (05318955);Jan1997, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on the expansion of the use of palm oil in Pakistan. Chronic shortage of edible oil in Pakistan; Low yield of oil seed crops; Absence of organized dairy farming; Price structure and policies; Unfavorable weather.
- Steady pricing for palm oil belies uncertainty over output. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;11/10/97, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p8
Provides information on the palm oil prices in the world market. Problems that affected major palm oil producing country; Primary factor playing on the future of palm oil.
- Palm Oil To Average MYR3,500/tonne In 2011. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/9/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
The article presents a forecast for the price of palm oil for 2011. It mentions that based on the current scenario, global palm oil market is expected to be in its tightest stage in 2010/2011 with a rebound anticipated in 2011/2012 as the output of leading growers increase due to more palm trees...
- Palm oil pricing stays firm because of political unrest. Papanikolaw, Jim // Chemical Market Reporter;12/28/98, Vol. 254 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the pricing of palm oil in the wake of seasonal slowdowns in demand and production. Forecasts on world palm oil production; Expectations on the industry's recovery; Factors hindering the industry's growth in 1999.
- Palm Oil Pricing Struggles as Market Waits for Stronger Demand. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;3/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the pricing of palm oil in the market. Decline in the price of palm oil; Palm oil imports of China; Prices of software oils in India.
- MPOPC Explores Boost for Palm Oil Use in the US. Guzman, Doris de // Chemical Market Reporter;6/24/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 25, p18
Reports on the efforts of the Malaysian Palm Oil Promotion Council (MPOPC) to promote and market palm oil, Malaysia's leading agricultural product. Factors that are helping the palm oil industry to gain advantage over competing edible oils; Downfall of edible and palm oil consumption in the...
- Palm Oil Pricing Stays Soft Because of World Oilseed Glut. Papanikolaw, Jim // Chemical Market Reporter;03/20/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 12, p10
Reports the status of palm oil prices worldwide as of March 20, 2000. Reason for the decrease in its prices; Status of global palm oil production for the year 1999 to 2000.
- PALM OIL POLITICS. VOSBURGH, ROBERT // SN: Supermarket News;Fall2011 Whole Health, p6
The article presents information on the palm oil trade, including the challenges faced, efforts of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), and industry players like Cargill Inc. and General Mills.