- Prognostic factors for return to work after a first compensated episode of back pain. Infante-Rivard, Claire // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jul1996, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p488
No abstract available.
- Journal abstracts. // Palliative Medicine;1999, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p267
Discusses the abstract of the study `Prognosis of Thick Cutaneous Melanoma,' by S.H. Kim, C. Garcia and colleagues, published in a 1999 issue of the `Journal of the American College of Surgeons.'
- Nodular Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: The Case for Watchful Waiting. Chabner, Bruce A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan79, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p115
Editorial. Discusses the advantages of good prognosis on non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Potential advantages of withholding treatment of the disease; Disadvantages of withholding therapy.
- Attributable Mortality Rate and Duration of Hospital Stay Associated with Enterococcal Bacteremia. Caballero-Granado, F. J.; Bernabeu, M.; Cisneros, J. M.; Pachon, J.; Becerril, B.; Cuberos, L. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;2/15/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p587
Deals with a study which determined the prognosis attributable to enterococcal bacteremia by analysis of its attributable mortality rate and attributable duration of hospital stay. Background on enterococcal infections; Data and methodology; Results and discussion.
- Does adjuvant chemotherapy following complete resection also have a significant effect on overall survival of thymic epithelial tumours? Masatsugu Hamaji; Ruffini, Enrico; Guerrera, Francesco; Filosso, Pier Luigi // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Aug2015, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p340
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Tumors of the thymus: A cohort study of prognostic factors from the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons database," by E. Ruffini.
- Recovery patterns and prognosis in aphasia. // British Medical Journal;10/1/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6091, p848
Evaluates the recovery patterns and prognosis in aphasia. Studies of recovery of function; Measurement of long-term recovery; Relevance of the extent of recovery for prognosis and strategies of rehabilitation; Concerns on the broad clinical generalization of prognosis.
- Prediction tool identified disability, death risk after stroke. Bryla, Suzanne; Ellis, Brian; DuBosar, Ryan; Foster, Melissa; Kalvaitis, Katie // Cardiology Today;Dec2012, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p46
The article discusses research by M. J. O'Donnell and colleagues on the effectiveness of the PLAN score in identifying disability and death risk after stroke, published in a 2012 issue of "Archives of Internal Medicine."
- Neural networks improve the prediction of survival in breast cancer: a new prognostic indicator. Drew, P.J.; Magee, P.; Bottaci, L.; Menon, M.; Heer, K.; Carleton, P.J.; Fox, J.N.; Monson, J.R.T.; Kerin, M.J. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Oct99, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p329
Presents an abstract of the study 'Neural Networks Improve the Prediction of Survival in Breast Cancer: A New Prognostic Indicator,' by P.J. Drew, P. Magee, L. Bottaci, M. Menon et al, which was presented at the Joint Meeting of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh and the Royal College...
- Partitioning and peeling for constructing prognostic groups. LeBlanc, Michael; Jacobson, Joth; Crowley, John // Statistical Methods in Medical Research;Jun2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p247
We investigate methods for identifying groups of patients with different prognosis. Our focus is on procedures that yield interpretable descriptions for groups of patients and corresponding regions of the predictor space. These strategies include tree-based methods and techniques which construct...