- Enrollment Opens for PK Study Supporting Medidur DME Trial. // Review of Ophthalmology;Sep2007, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p4
The article reports that the enrollment for the first human pharmacokinetic study of fluocilone acetonide in Medidur has begun. This has been announced by Alimera Sciences and Psivida Ltd. Medidur is the investigational product for the treatment for diabetic macular edema (DME). It is injected...
- FibroGen initiates enrollment in Phase II diabetic kidney disease trial. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;Aug2009, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the decision of biotechnology-based drug discovery company FribroGen Inc. to enroll the drug FG-3019 into a Phase II diabetic kidney disease trial in the U.S. Fibrogen discloses to initiate a Phase II trial to assess the efficacy and safety of FG-3019, a fully human...
- Global standardisation of HbA1c. Lai, Leslie C. // Malaysian Journal of Pathology;Dec2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p67
HbA1c is used for assessing glycaemic control in patients with diabetes. It is also used for treatment goals and as a target for therapeutic intervention. The Direct Control and Complications Trial in the USA showed that HbA1c can be used to predict the risk of complications. Hence, it is...
- The pursuit of unbiased research: randomized controlled trials. Schulz, Kenneth F. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Feb2000, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on randomized controlled trial in medical research. Discussion on randomization; Benefits of randomization; Nonrandomized comparisons and bias.
- Writing for CIM--help for authors. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p227
Provides information on the submission of research and review articles and editorial commentaries on any subject related to clinical medicine and the requirements for such articles of the journal "Clinical and Investigative Medicine."
- The 'n = 1' randomized controlled trial. Miller, Mary G; Corner, Jessica // Palliative Medicine;1999, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p255
Discusses how results from `n=1' studies in different patients can be combined to allow a more general conclusion about patient responses to treatment. Difficulties associated with both the traditional `trial of therapy' and randomized controlled trials; Possible bias in the `trial of therapy';...
- Determination of the Clinical Importance of Study Results. Man-Son-Hing, Malcolm; Laupacis, Andreas; O'Rourke, Keith; Molnar, Frank J.; Mahon, Jeffery; Chan, Karen B. Y.; Wells, George // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Jun2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p469
Formal statistical methods for analyzing clinical trial data are widely accepted by the medical community. Unfortunately, the interpretation and reporting of trial results from the perspective of clinical importance has not received similar emphasis. This imbalance promotes the historical...
- Work Practice Guides. Zehrer, Cindy // Applied Clinical Trials;May2001, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p70
Focuses on work practice guides in clinical research. Promotion of clinical research best practices; Fostering of consistency within the clinical group.
- Notes from the field. Hellsten, Donna // Applied Clinical Trials;May2001, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p78
Focuses on the use of computers in clinical research. Electronic data capture; Questions to ask prospective vendors.