- Common Orthopedic Injuries in the Pediatric ED - Part II. // Pediatric Emergency Medicine Reports;Aug2010 Supplement, p1
Tables and radiograph images are presented that show the common orthopedic injuries in the pediatric emergency department (ED), including guidelines for ED management and treatment, and images of different types of fractures.
- Letters to The Editor. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 3, p491
Reports developments related to bone and joint surgery in the U.S. as of March 2002. Diagnosis of atlantoaxial impaction and basilar invagination; Variation of the orthopaedic training; Fixation of reverse obliquity fractures.
- Letter regarding article by Wang et al., â€œInternal fixation of distal tibiofibular syndesmotic injuries: a systematic review with meta-analysisâ€. Tian, Mingbo; Zhang, Mingsheng; Guo, Xiaowei; Li, Shoufeng // International Orthopaedics;Dec2013, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p2537
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Internal fixation of distal tibiofibular syndesmotic injuries: a systematic review with meta-analysis" by Chen Wang and colleagues, which was published in a previous issue of the periodical.
- Wrist Injuries. // Emergency Medicine Reports;11/21/2011 Supplement, p1
Charts, images, and diagrams of wrist injuries are presented, including types of immobilization for wrist fractures, bones of the wrist, and suspected injury and radiographic views.
- Improving biodegradable bone plates. // Human Ecology;Spring93, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p12
Reports on biogradable plates made of rigid polyester. Caryn Chu, as chemical engineer at Cornell University, as researcher; Goal of increasing the life span of biodegradable plates; Disadvantage of using a scanning electron microscope to study surface changes; Use of confocal laser microscope;...
- The Ilizarov Ring External Fixator in Complex Open Fractures of the Tibia. Hasankhani, Ebrahim; Payvandi, Mahamad; Birjandinejad, Ali // European Journal of Trauma;Feb2006, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p63
Introduction: Complex open fracture of the tibia particularly with bone defect and infection is one of the major problems in orthopedic surgery. There are many available alternatives in the management of these fractures. Aim: The purpose of this study is to evaluate the results and efficacy of...
- Prevent upper-body stress fractures. C.P. // Shape;Oct2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p45
Provides information on stress fractures or hairline bone cracks that may strike the upper body. Reason for the misdiagnosis of a stress fracture; Causes; Prevention.
- Clinical and radiological outcomes after stabilisation of complex intra-articular fractures of the distal radius with the volar 2.4 mm LCP. Konstantinidis, Lukas; Helwig, Peter; Strohm, Peter C.; Hirschmüller, Anja; Kron, Philipp; Südkamp, Norbert Paul // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Jun2010, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p751
The purpose of the present study is to evaluate the results of the treatment of intra-articular fractures with the volar 2.4 mm LCP with regard to loss of reduction, clinical outcome and complications. Patients treated with a volar 2.4 mm LCP following a complex intra-articular distal radius...
- Technical pitfall while reducing the mismatch between LCP PLT and upper end Tibia in proximal Tibia fractures. Jong-Keon Oh; Sahu, Dipit; Jin-Ho Hwang; Jae-Woo Cho; Chang-Wug Oh // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Jun2010, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p759
Minimal invasive technique along with the widespread use of the new pre contoured locking plates (LCP PLT, LISS PLT) has given rise many alignment related problems in fractures of proximal tibia. A significant implant related problem with the use of pre contoured locking plate in proximal tibia...