- The effects of oestrogenic substances on two components of freshwater ecosystems. Walker, Martin; Read, Lea; Jackson, Karl; McFarlane, Pamela // Journal of Biological Education;Autumn98, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p226
Presents a study which investigated the effects of ethynyloestradiol, an oestrogenic compound in two common freshwater organisms commonly used in education. Methodology; Results and discussion.
- Waterborne 17a-Ethynylestradiol Affects Aggressive Behaviour of Male Fathead Minnows (Pimephales promelas) under Artificial Spawning Conditions. Majewski, Andrew R.; Blanchfield, Paul J.; Palace, Vince P.; Wautier, Kerry // Water Quality Research Journal of Canada;2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p697
Among fishes, courtship behaviour and nesting defense are strong predictors of reproductive success. We conducted three experiments to assess the impacts of exposure to 17a-ethynylestradiol (EE2) on the ability of male fathead minnows (Pimephales promelas) to establish and defend a spawning...
- Isolation and characterization of the ethynylestradiol-biodegrading microorganism Fusariam proliferatum strain HNS-1. Shi, J.H.; Suzuki, Y.; Lee, B.-D.; Nakai, S.; Hosomi, M. // Water Science & Technology;2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p175
Studies the isolation and characterization of the ethynylestradiol-biodegrading microorganism Fusarium proliferatum strain HNS-1. Identification of the suspected endocrine-disrupting chemical that disturbs the hormonal systems of aquatic creatures; Hydrolysis of ester bonds by glucuronidase of...
- Correction. // American Family Physician;12/15/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p2436
Presents a correction to the article "Ethinyl Estradiol/Levonorgestrel (Seasonale) for Oral Contraception" that was published in the April 15, 2005 issue.
- The Bioavailability of Desogestrel/Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets Relative to the Oral Solution. Hunt, T.; Geetha, R.; Warga, E. // Clinical Drug Investigation;1998, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p507
Two studies were conducted in randomised crossover designs to determine the bioavailability of the tablet components of the â€˜desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol and ethinyl estradiol regimen (MircetteÅ’)â€™ relative to an oral solution. The desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol and ethinyl...
- Failure with the new triphasic oral contraceptive Logynon. Fay, R.A. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/2/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6308, p17
Reports the launching of oral contraceptive Logynon in Great Britain. Composition of Logynon with combinations of ethinyloestradiol and levonorgestrel; Treatment cycles with no pregnancies; Drug failure of oral contraceptives.
- Editorial. MacGregor, A.E. // Vascular Medicine;2000, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p133
Comments on the increased risk of ischemic stroke among women. Effects of ethinyl estradiol in the combined contraceptive pill on ischemic stroke; Calculation on the risk in relation to the expected incidence of ischemic stroke per year; Mechanical factors influencing the increased ischemic...
- Safety of Dianette and chickenpox risk. Szarewski, Anne; Wilson, Peter // GP: General Practitioner;7/1/2002, p44
Presents information on medical topics. Effectiveness of ethinyl estradiol plus cyproterone acetate in treating acne, hirsutism and can be used as contraceptive; Limited data on the risk of venous thromboembolism caused by the drugs; Rareness of second episodes of varicella in immunocompetent...
- Ethinylestradiol/drospirenone. // Reactions Weekly;Apr2015, Vol. 1547 Issue 1, p122
The article presents a case study of a teenage girl suffering from fatal acute pulmonary thromboembolism after administration of endogenous estrogen ethinyl estradiol and oral contraceptive drospirenone (Yaz).