- Giving Summit 'in danger.'. Ainsworth, David // Third Sector;4/3/2012, Issue 701, p6
The article reports that the Giving Summit in May 2012 will be affected if the British government does not take out its proposed cap on tax relief for major donors.
- Cap 'could cost sector millions.'. Ainsworth, David // Third Sector;4/3/2012, Issue 701, p6
The article reports on the results of a survey by the Charities Aid Foundation which found that almost 40 percent of major philanthropists will give less due to the proposed cap on tax reliefs for charitable donations.
- Former Pittsburgh Steeler Sanders Giving Back to Elevate Community. Nuttall, Rebecca // Chicago Weekend;4/6/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p4
The article focuses on former Pittsburgh Steeler player and philanthropist Chuck Sanders who was credited for many charitable works through his Chuck Sanders Charities in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- TIP: COMMUNITY GIVING CAN MAKE AN IMPACT. // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p14
The article presents information on "Shared Giving," a philanthropic organization based in Durham, North Carolina. The group has 16 members, and each of them pay $500 a year to participate in the philanthropic activities. The members hold regular meetings, where they discuss potential grant...
- Top Donors of 1999. Carr, Kristen // Town & Country;Jan2000, Vol. 154 Issue 5236, p69
Lists the names of philanthropists who donated money to museums across the United States in 1999.
- Major gift buoys Friendship Circle. Ginsberg, Johanna // New Jersey Jewish News;3/24/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the donation of philanthropists Paula and Jerry Gottesman of Morristown, New Jersey to the Chabad-run program the Friendship Circle, which matches able-bodied teens with special-needs children.
- A STEERING GROUP FORTHE PHILANTHROPY ADVICE FIELD. // Alliance;Sep2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p45
The article focuses on a steering group of people and organizations led by Great Britain ambassador for philanthropy Dame Stephanie Shirley created in 2009 which aims to provide philanthropy advice to professionals and businesses.
- Women are a powerful giving force. McFarland, Trish // Journal of Business (10756124);10/23/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p9
The article discusses the growth of women philanthropists in the U.S. It states that women are popularly known for providing support to their families and communities whose wealth is anticipated to reach $22 trillion by 2010. The author discusses the support extended by women to women's...
- 3rd Forum on Philanthropy and Scientific. // Alliance;Mar2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, pP58
Information about the third annual Forum on Philanthropy and Scientific Research Funding held in London, England from December 2-3, 2009 is presented. Topics include the significant role played by philanthropy in funding research and human resource exchanges among research foundations. The forum...