- Mona Lisa And the Pussycat. Butler, Willis // Cortlandt Forum;4/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p78
Relates the experience of an internist on medical diagnosis in Molokai, Hawaii. Citation of medical diagnosis; Risks factor; Appointment with patients.
- Implementation of medical practice guidelines explored in publication. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring92, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p156
Announces the publication of the October issue of `The Internist,' by the American Society of Internal Medicine. Contents of the journal; Suggested price.
- Journal focuses on physicians and environmental activism. // Health Care Financing Review;Summer92, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p209
Reviews the focus of the May issue of `The Internist: Health Policy in Practice,' the magazine of the American Society of Internal Medicine (ASIM). The issues focus was on how more and more physicians see environmentalism as a natural extension of their commitment to the health of their patients.
- Internists' publication examines the future of health care reform. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring95, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p249
Focuses on the January 1995 issue of `The Internist: Health Policy in Practice.' Future of health care system reform in the United States; Effect of issues such as Medicare cuts on physicians; Possible Congressional moves that will affect medical care delivery; Contact information.
- Can doctors provide better, cheaper care without the middleman? // Health Care Financing Review;Spring96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p326
Focuses on articles featured on the January 1996 issue of `The Internist: Health Policy in Practice,' the magazine of the American Society of Internal Medicine. Advantages of eliminating insurance companies and other third-party payers; Interview with National Library of Medicine Director...
- Doctor or technician. Neale, G. // Gut;May2003, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p770
Discusses the functions of gastroenterologists. Effect of technology on gastroenterologists' practice; Interest of the majority of gastroenterologists to develop endoscopic skills.
- internist. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1217
A definition of the term "internist," which refers to a physician specializing in internal medicine, is presented.
- Some areas bank on bigger bucks to attract reluctant internists. Dunn, Philip // AHA News;03/31/97, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p5
Focuses on a study by Weatherby Health Care which compared how states stack up in annual starting salaries of internal-medicine doctors. Average general starting salaries for internists; States at the high and low end of the scale; Factors behind the trend.
- The Role of the Future General Internist Defined. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/15/94, Vol. 121 Issue 8, p616
Examines the roles of the ideal general internists. Similarities of general physicians and internists; Factors that led to the increased demand for primary care; Options for general internists; Evolution in the role of general internists recommended by the College Task Force on Physician...