- Don't be too quick to treat H pylori; wait for ulcer recurrence. // Modern Medicine;Feb94, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p15
Recommends a technique for treating Helicobacter pylori. Triple treatment with bismuth subsalicylate, metronidazole and tetracyline.
- Gastric juice test for H pylori is quick and simple. // Modern Medicine;Aug95, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p42
Presents an abstract of the study titled `Gastric juice ammonia vs. CLO test for diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection,' by D.H. Yang, H.S.Bom, et al, published in the May 1995 issue of `Dig. Dis. Sci.'
- Breath test will be an important tool to diagnose, treat H pylori infections. // Modern Medicine;Jul96, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p18
Reports that the carbon urea breath test used in detecting the presence of Helicobacter pylori organisms works just as well in a clinical setting as it does in a research setting according to an article by David Y. Graham published in the April 1996 issue of `The American Journal of...
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection, Immune Response and Vaccination. Lembo, A.; Caradonna, L.; Magrone, T.; Mastronardi, M.L.; Caccavo, D.; Jirillo, E.; Amati, L. // Current Drug Targets - Immune, Endocrine & Metabolic Disorders;Nov2001, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p199
It is well known that abnormal immune responses may play a pathogenic role in the H. pylori-related gastropathy. Indeed, as far as humoral immune response is concerned, it is still debated whether specific anti-H. pylori antibodies have a protective or noxious effect in infected hosts. Besides...
- H pylori rarely recurs following successful triple therapy. // Geriatrics;Jan94, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p60
Rports on a prospective study which showed that the rate of `Helicobacter pylori' reinfection of the Gastro-Intestinal (GI) tract is low after successful treatment with standard triple therapy.
- Diagnostic test for H pylori. // Geriatrics;Sep94, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p14
States that FlexSure HP is a single-unit test for detecting the presence of IgG antibodies to Helicobacter pylori, a bacterium associated with peptic ulcer disease. Percentage of relative sensitivity and overall agreement; Recommendation for patients with clinical signs and symptoms of GI disease.
- Absence of dyspeptic symptoms as a test for Helicobacter pylori eradication. Phull, Perminder S.; Halliday, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/10/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7027, p349
Examines the absence of dyspeptic symptoms as a test for Helicobacter pylori eradication. Changes in the course of duodenal ulcer disease; Need for endoscopy.
- Helicobacter pylori: Review of triple, dual, 7-day, and other treatment strategies. Fennerty, M. Brian; Melnyk, Clifford S. // Formulary;Nov95, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p682
Examines the effectiveness of triple, dual, 7-day and other treatment strategies against Helicobacter pylori. History of the pathogen's first identification and isolation; Tests for establishing Helicobacter pylori infection; Components of standard triple therapy.
- Influence of Helicobacter pylori infection on in vitro responsiveness of gastric fundus to agonists and to stimulation of enteric nerves in Mongolian gerbils. Takehara, Yusuke; Mizuta, Yohei; Isomoto, Hajime; Ohnita, Ken; Yoshimura, Masaya; Nakamura, Takashi; Takeshima, Fuminao; Omagari, Katsuhisa; Murase, Kunihiko; Murata, Ikuo; Taniyama, Kohtaro; Kohno, Shigeru // Journal of Gastroenterology;2002, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p589
Background. It has recently been proposed that disturbed gastric adaptive relaxation may play a role in functional dyspepsia (FD). However, the effect of Helicobacter pylori infection, which may be one of multiple factors associated with FD, on gastric relaxation is not clear. The aim of this...
- Helicobacter pylori and gastric diseases. Blaser, Martin J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/16/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7143, p1507
Presents a study on the past and the future of Helicobacter pylori (H pylori) and the disorders associated with it. Reference to the launch of revolutions in gastroenterology and microbiology in relation to the isolation of H pylori; Description of H pylori; Details on the relevance for...