- Remembering a Travel Pioneer. // Fly Fishing in Salt Waters;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p15
The article presents an obituary for dentist and travel pioneer William Michael Fitzgerald.
- OVER NIAGARA FALLS IN A RUBBERIZED BALL. // Ebony;Oct1961, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p95
The article reports on the survival of a 30-year-old New Yorker William Fitzgerald who dived in a 161-foot Horse Shoe Falls in Niagara River.
- NIAGARANAUT'S FEARS MOUNT IN JARRING DROP ON ROCKS. // Ebony;Oct1961, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p98
The article narrates the journey of New Yorker William Fitzgerald as he jumped over the falls of Niagara River with him inside the rubberized ball.
- Obituaries. Baird, J.A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/07/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7070, p1476
Presents an obituary for William Rex Fitzgerald, formed medical officer of the Royal Air Force.
- UA plans entrepreneur center with $2.5M gift. Donahue, Kelly // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/19/96, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p19
Reports on businessman William Fitzgerald' donation to the University of Akron. Use of the money to fund the creation of the William and Rita Fitzgerald Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies; Institute as the university's most ambitious effort to make itself a training ground for budding...
- Omaha CEO remaking his thrift in bank's image. Chase, Brett // American Banker;9/17/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 178, p10
Reports on the business strategy of Commercial Federal Corp. in Omaha, Nebraska, with reference to chairman and chief executive officer, William A. Fitzgerald. Comments from Fitzgerald; Increase in the company's assets through nine acquisitions; Value of the company's earnings for the 12 months...
- Omaha's Commercial Federal Corp. breathing easy after brush with disaster. Engen, John R. // American Banker;9/30/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 189, p4
Features Commercial Federal Corp. and William Fitzgerald, chief executive. Efforts at turnaround; Results of tighter capital restrictions by federal regulators; Strategy employed; Financial results; Second shift in balance sheet.
- New ACB Chief Arriving at Stormy Time . KLINE, ALAN // American Banker;11/1/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 210, p24
Looks at the challenges facing William A. Fitzgerald as chairman of America's Community Bankers. Difficulties experienced by the group in 1999; Failure of the planned merger with American Banker's Association; Fitzgerald's expectations for the organization; Plans to strengthen relations with...
- Chairman 2000. Coyle, Tom // America's Community Banker;Dec99, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p12
Features William A. Fitzgerald, chairman of America's Community Bankers (ACB). Challenge for any community bank; Fitzgerald's message for ACB member-owners; Information on Fitzgerald's community service; Roots of community bank.