- A modest proposal: No more main entry. Bierbaum, Esther Green // American Libraries;Jan94, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p81
Discusses the difference between main entry and main entry heading and calls for an end to main entry for MARC records. The drawbacks of duality; The issue of access; More.
- In Brief. // Library Journal;4/1/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p807
Reviews the book 'Sears List of Subject Headings: Canadian Companion,' compiled by Ken Haycock and Lynne Isberg.
- CMAJ JAMC Index to volume 167. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Jul-Dec2002 Index, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p2
Presents an index of medical subject headings established by the National Library of Medicine, U.S. National Institutes of Health.
- Subject and Author Index to Volume 72. // Journal of Marketing;Nov2008, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p147
A subject and author index to Volume 72 of the "Journal of Marketing" is presented.
- Revised Entry Combinations Table - 2012. // NLM Technical Bulletin;Nov/Dec2011, Issue 383, p23
A table is presented that compares the data changes in MEDLINE, a premier bibliographic database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine's Â® (NLM), from 2011 to 2012.
- EDITOR'S DESKTOP. Travis, Irene L. // Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science & Techn;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Bella Hass Weinberg on the revisions to the 2005 "Guidelines for the Construction, Format, and Management of Monolingual Controlled Vocabularies," another by Thom Haller on being a writer for the periodical's...
- Index. Bibb, Sally; Kourdi, Jeremy // Question of Trust;2007, p175
A subject index for the book "A Question of Trust" is presented.
- Erratum to: The Validity of Using Analogue Patients in Practitioner-Patient Communication Research: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Vliet, Liesbeth; Wall, Elsken; Albada, Akke; Spreeuwenberg, Peter; Verheul, William; Bensing, Jozien // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Nov2012, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p1570
A correction to the article "The Validity of Using Analogue Patients in Practitioner-Patient Communication Research: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis," by Liesbeth M. van Vliet and colleagues is presented
- Subject Index To Volume 101 (2006). // Basic Research in Cardiology;Nov2006, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p510
The subject index to the volume 101 published in November 2006 issue of the journal "Basic Research in Cardiology" is presented.
- A Quick Fix for Figure Legends and Table Headings. Kroodsma, Donald E. // Auk (American Ornithologists Union);Oct2000, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p1081
Suggests ways to improve legends and headings in research papers. Role of legends and headings in a reader's exploration and understanding of data in research papers; Example ways of improving legends and headings in research papers; Benefits of writing legends and headings that clarify the...