- Population genetics and structure of Buryats from the Lake Baikal region of Siberia. Novoradovsky, A.G.; Spitsyn, V.A. // Human Biology;Oct93, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p689
Describes the population genetics and structure of Buryats from the Lake Baikal Region of Siberia. Genetic polymorphisms of blood groups; Serum proteins; Red cell enzymes; PTC tasting; Cerumen types; Genetic heterogeneity and microdifferentiation; Reproductive isolation; Nonlinear relationship...
- Genetic polymorphisms of orosomucoid ORM1 and ORM2 in Egyptians, Sudanese, and Qataris:... Sebetan, I.M.; Oshida, S. // Human Biology;Feb97, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p121
Investigates ORM1 and ORM2 polymorphisms in Egyptian, Sudanese, and Qatari populations. Two electrofocusing procedures used for phenotyping samples; Presentation of phenotypes and allele frequencies distribution.
- Apolipoprotein B and E polymorphisms in the Cayapa Indians of Ecuador. Scacchi, R.; Corbo, R.M. // Human Biology;June97, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p376
Investigates the three DNA polymorphisms of the apolipoprotein B and CfoI apolipoprotein E genes in the Cayapa Indians of Ecuador. No comparisons between Cayapa and native Americans due to lack data of these sites; Importance of allele frequencies; Allele enhancing the absorption of cholesterol...
- Human DNA Polymorphism. Housman, David // New England Journal of Medicine;2/2/95, Vol. 332 Issue 5, p318
Looks at DNA polymorphisms and reports that the ability to visualize thousands of polymorphisms has made possible family studies for tracking genes of medical importance. The location and identification of genes for many disorders with a clear pattern of mendelian inheritance; Polymerase chain...
- DYS19, D12S7, and D1S80 ploymorphisms in population samples from southern Italy and Greece. Falcone, E.; Spafadora, P. // Human Biology;Oct95, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p689
Collects further population data on the DYS19, D12S7 and D1S80 polymorphisms, compares allele frequency distributions between southern Italy, Greece, and other European groups, and checks whether the polymorphisms are able to distinguish between populations of the same main ethnic group....
- Application of two STRs (VMA and TPO) to human population profiling: Survey in Galicia. Luis, J.R.; Caeiro, B. // Human Biology;Oct95, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p789
Studies two tetranucleotide short tandem repeats (STRs) in people from Galicia, Spain. STRs as richest source of polymorphic genetic markers; Intron A (VWA) and human thyroid peroxidase (TPO); Use of electrophoresis separation and silver staining.
- Blood group polymorphisms and geography in the Sierra de Gredos, Spain. Mesa, M.S.; Martin, J. // Human Biology;Dec94, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p1005
Studies the influence of geography on the genetic population structure in the Sierra de Gredos, Spain. Factors contributing to genetic differentiation; Gene frequencies; Gene flow.
- Genotype associations among seven apolipoprotein B polymorphisms in a population of Orang Asli of... Gajra, B.; Candlish, J.K. // Human Biology;Oct97, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p629
Presents a study which looks at relationship between seven apolipoprotein B (APOB) gene polymorphisms in a population of Orang Asli of Western Malaysia. Comparison of Allele frequencies of the APOB gene of Orang Asli with Europeans; Detailed information on the evolution of the gene on the basis...
- Statistical tests of neutrality of mutations against population growth, hitchhiking... Fu, Yun-Xin // Genetics;Oct97, Vol. 147 Issue 2, p915
Presents several statistical tests of neutrality of mutations against a class of alternative models, under which the DNA polymorphisms tend to exhibit excesses of rare alleles or young mutations. Study of the powers of existing and developed tests; Examination of the detailed pattern of...
- PrP genotypes in Slovak sheep breeds. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;11/12/2005, Vol. 157 Issue 20, p605
Reports on the detection of PrP genotypes of sheep breeds in Slovakia.