CLEARING THE AIR
- Telepiu hypes interactive. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;05/24/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 58, p6
Reports the launch of an interactive services by pay television operator Telepiu in Milan, Italy.
- HGTV grows by talking to its viewers. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;07/13/98, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p29
Looks at the efforts of the cable Home and Garden Television (HGTV) to provide information for its viewers. Details of the Web site of HGTV; Number of `hits' the Web site received in the first five months of 1998; Comments from Ken Lowe, founder and chief executive of HGTV; Development of...
- The cablers. Katz, Richard; Stern, Christopher // Variety;04/19/99, Vol. 374 Issue 9, p27
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of April 19, 1999. Includes USA Networks' plan to purchase cable networks Bravo and Independent Film Channel from Cablevision Systems; Decker Anstrom's resignation as president of National Cable Television Association.
- ARGENTINA GETS PAY TV PAIR. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;07/10/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 24, p10
Reports that the HBO Latin America Group has signed a multiyear agreement with multisystem operators, Multicanal and Cablevision, which will carry the HBO and Cinemax channels in Argentine cable.
- Classic Sports alleges a Cablevision squeeze play. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p4
Reports on Classic Sports Network's (CSN) plans to file a complaint against Cablevision Systems for its alleged effort to coerce CSN into selling a piece of the network in exchange for cable television carriage. Claims that Cablevision is violating the 1992 Cable Act; Cablevision's denial of...
- All you can watch. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;03/08/99, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p1
Identifies the measures adopted by cable food chain Food Network in expanding its customer base. Introduction of documentaries on the history of food; Addition of biography-style profiles and other story-oriented programs for its dishes; Impact of the presence of personalities on the company's...
- Cabletelevision rolling out OptimumTV. Berniker, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;7/4/94, Vol. 124 Issue 27, p21
Reports on the launching of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s OptimumTV cable television network. System's consumer options of a la carte choicing of programs; Launching date; Features; Separate systems offered by Cablevision; Packages bundling channels and providing more choices for slightly higher...
- EWTN friends want channel. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;9/18/95, Vol. 125 Issue 38, p50
Reports on the demand made by a group of fans of the EWTN to Cable Vision Systems Corp. to expand the programming hours of religious programs. Brief on the demand; Response of the Cablevision Vice President of Media and Community Relations Charlie Schueller on the demand.
- All news New York cable. // Quill;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the expansion of Cablevision Systems' News 12 Westchester operations. Details of expansion; Information on other plans of Cablevision; Background information on News 12 Westchester operation.