- National Milk says raw milk sales endanger public health. // Dairy Foods;Jan2015, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p36
The article reports that selling of raw milk can endanger the public health according to the National Milk Producers Federation in Arlington, Virginia based on the study conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- in brief. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Mar2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p8
The article announces that Ontario farmer Michael Schmidt was cleared and proven not guilty of 19 charges related to public health and the marketing of unpasteurized milk
- Independent Nurse: What the papers said. // GP: General Practitioner;3/24/2006, p79
This article reports on a study by Dutch scientists, which found that low air pressure and reduced oxygen on flights may be linked to deep vein thrombosis rather than just cramped conditions. Researchers from Leiden University Medical Centre in the Netherlands were commissioned by the World...
- Why deep vein thrombosis is so dangerous. McMahan, Beth Ellen // RN;Jan87, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p20
Provides information on deep vein thrombosis. Causes and contributing factors; Diagnosis; Treatment and its side effects; Additional nursing care. INSETS: Pulmonary embolism: Preparing for the worst;The do's and don'ts of anticoagulant therapy.
- Postoperative deep vein thrombosis: identifying high-risk patients. Crandon, A.J.; Peel, K.R.; Anderson, J.A.; Thompson, Valerie; McNicol, G.P. // British Medical Journal;8/2/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6236, p343
Investigates the predictive index for patients at risk of developing postoperative deep vein thrombosis. Identification of patients with deep vein thrombosis; Symptoms of the disease; Use of prophylaxis in the disease identification.
- Incidence of Early Post-operative Iliofemoral Thrombosis. Bolton, J.P.; Hoffman, V.J. // British Medical Journal;2/1/1975, Vol. 1 Issue 5952, p247
Examines the incidence of early post-operative thrombosis in iliac and femoral veins in Great Britain. Basis of the detection of thrombus with the Doppler ultrasound probe; Accuracy of the ultrasonic technique; Rarity of iliofemoral thrombosis in the early post-operative period.
- Risks for Persistent Clots in Leg Veins despite Treatment. // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/17/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 12, pI-32
Summarizes the article 'Residual Venous Thrombosis as a Predictive Factor of Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism,' published in the December 17, 2002 issue of 'Annals of Internal Medicine.' Finding on rates of scans with no evidence of persistent clots.
- Residual Venous Thrombosis as a Predictive Factor of Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism. Prandoni, Paolo; Lensing, Anthonie W.A.; Prins, Martin H.; Bernardi, Enrico; Marchiori, Antonio; Bagatella, Paola; Frulla, Michela; Mosena, Laura; Tormene, Daniela; Piccioli, Andrea; Simioni, Paolo; Girolami, Antonio // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/17/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 12, p955
Background: The optimum duration of anticoagulant therapy after an episode of deep venous thrombosis (DVT) is controversial. Contributing to the controversy is uncertainty about whether residual venous thrombosis, as assessed by repeated ultrasonography over time, increases the risk for...
- Idiopathic Bilateral External Jugular Vein Thrombosis. Sengupta, Shantanu; Kalkonde, Yogesh; Khot, Rajashree; Paithankar, Madhuri; Salkar, Ramesh; Salkar, Harsha // Angiology;Jan2001, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p69
Reports on the case of 45-year-old man with idiopathic bilateral external jugular vein thrombosis. Swelling over both sides of the neck and puffiness of the face; Cordlike thickening of both the external jugular veins; Thrombosis of both the external jugular veins; Nonvisualization of external...