- Impact of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection on the progression of liver fibrosis in hepatitis C virus infected patients. Mohsen, A.H.; Easterbrook, P.J.; Taylor, C.; Portmann, B.; Kulasegaram, R.; Murad, S.; Wiselka, M.; Norris, S. // Gut;Jul2003, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p1035
Objectives: To compare the rate of hepatic fibrosis progression in hepatitis C virus (HCV) infected and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-HCV coinfected patients, and to identify factors that may influence fibrosis progression. Patients and methods: A total of 153 HCV infected and 55 HCV-HIV...
- Progression of Chronic Hepatitis C to Liver Fibrosis and Cirrhosis in Patients Coinfected with Hepatitis C Virus and Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Martinez-Sierra, Carmen; Arizcorreta, Ana; Díaz, Fernando; Roldán, Rafael; Martín-Herrera, Leopoldo; Pérez-Guzmán, Eugenio; Girón-González, José A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;2/15/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p491
To evaluate the factors associated with the evolution of chronic hepatitis C in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients, a cross-sectional analysis of 41 HIV-infected patients with chronic hepatitis C (known as "HIV-HCV [hepatitis C virus]-coinfected patients") and a control group...
- Deaths from hepatitis C overtake deaths from HIV in the US. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;3/3/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7846, p12
The article reports that there are more individuals who died from hepatitis C (15, 106) in the U.S. in 2007 than those who died from HIV (12, 734) based on the analysis of U.S. death certificates.
- Evolution of Coinfection with Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Hepatitis C Virus in Patients Treated with Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy. Torre, D.; Tambini, R.; Cadario, F.; Barbarini, G.; Moroni, M.; Basilico, C. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1579
Focuses on a study which examined patients coinfected with HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) who were treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy in Italy. Characteristics of the study population; Survival rate of patients coinfected with HIV and HCV; Evolution of HCV genotypes and disease.
- Prevalence and Characteristics of Hepatitis C Virus Coinfection in a Human Immunodeficiency Virus Clinical Trials Group: The Terry Beirn Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDS. Tedaldi, Ellen M.; Hullsiek, Katherine Hoppler; Malvestutto, Carlos D.; Arduino, Roberto C.; Fisher, Evelyn J.; Gaglio, Paul J.; Jenny-Avital, Elizabeth R.; McGowan, Joseph P.; Perez, George // Clinical Infectious Diseases;5/15/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p1313
The baseline prevalence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) coinfection among 2705 patients enrolled in HIV clinical trials in the Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDS (CPCRA) was 16.6%. For men, multivariate logistic regression showed that the baseline...
- Canada's Prisons: High Risk. // Guide;Jun2003, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p112
Reports on an increase in HIV and hepatitis C infection rates in federal prisons in Canada. Voluntary tests for inmates; Likely causes of the infections.
- HIV/HCV Koenfeksiyonu: Olgu Sunumu. KUMBASAR KARAOSMANOĞLU, Hayat; ALTUNTAŞ AYDIN, Özlem; RAHŞAN İNCE, Emine; NAZLICAN, Özcan // Viral Hepatitis Journal / Viral Hepatit Dergisi;Aug2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p89
HIV/HCV coinfection is common due to shared routes of transmission. Co-infection affects disease progression related to both agents and complicates treatment. In this report, a 48-year old male patient with HIV/HCV coinfection has been presented.
- Table of Contents. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Dec2014, Vol. 59 Issue 12, pNP
A table of the contents for December 15, 2014 issue is presented.
- CD4 T Lymphocyte Proliferative Responses to Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Antigens in Patients Coinfected with HCV and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Who Responded to Anti-HCV Treatment. Legrand, Elisabeth; Neau, Didier; Galperine, Tatiana; Trimoulet, Pascale; Moreau, Jean-François; Pitard, Vincent; Lacut, Jean-Yves; Ragnaud, Jean-Marie; Schvoerer, Evelyne; Houghton, Michael; Fleury, Hervé; Lafon, Marie-Edith // Journal of Infectious Diseases;8/1/2002, Vol. 186 Issue 3, p302
CD4 T lymphocyte proliferative responses to hepatitis C virus (HCV) antigens were evaluated before and during an anti-HCV regimen (interferon-Î±2a and ribavirin) in 36 patients coinfected with HCV and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), to determine whether immune responses against HCV...