"10 Questions," July 2007
- Margaret Heffernan and Financial Planners Discuss How Women Entrepreneurs Are Changing the Rules. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p20
An interview with several female entrepreneurs in England is presented. Margaret Heffernan, a producer for the British Broadcast Company, talked about how the huge explosion of women-owned businesses is a major story that not enough people are paying attention to. Judy Shine, president of Shine...
- How Does She Do It?. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p19
The article discusses plans for the "10 Questions" feature in the July 2007 issue of the "Journal of Financial Planning." The feature will contain an interview with Margaret Heffernan, a five time chief executive officer and author of the books "The Naked Truth" and "How She Does It: How Women...
- Mommies off track. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p5
Reports on a study about the success rate of women who combine family and career.
- Stepping ahead in business. Scroppo, Fina // CA Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 129 Issue 7, p12
Features Step Ahead, a Toronto networking program sponsored by Coopers and Lybrand, Fasken Campbell Godfrey and the Royal Bank, as a network support for women entrepreneurs. Monthly skills workshop; Workshop on finance, marketing strategies and legal issues; Available software packages;...
- The uniqueness of the woman entrepreneur. // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Summer95, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p18
Describes the characteristics of the woman entrepreneur. Dissatisfaction with career path; Single-mindedness in the pursuit of a goal; Demographic profile; Commitment to capabilities; Self-confidence; Entrepreneurial skill.
- Women in business. Davis, Shelley A.; Springer, Pervin // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;02/02/98, Issue 322259, p11
Presents a roundtable discussion of women's role in business according to s businesswomen in Fresno, California. Range of occupations for women in business; Influence of women in various institutions; Problems of women on acceptance; Comparison with men regarding performance.
- Long Island Center plans holiday reception. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/10/97, Vol. 44 Issue 45, p31
Focuses on a holiday reception planned by the Long Island Center for Business and Professional Women on December 8, 1997. Contact information.
- Networking is topic for Long Island Center seminar. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/05/98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p37
Reports on Huntington Station, New York-based Long Island Center for Business and Professional Women's plans to present a seminar on business networking on February 9, 1998.
- Minorities, women boost LI economy. Hord, Christopher // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/29/93, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p19
Reports on the positive impact of women and minority entrepreneurs on the economy of Long Island. Picking up the slack from the jobs lost because of the downsizing of big companies; Prejudice against women and minority entrepreneurs.