- The involvement of our identity in experiential memory. Persson, Ingmar // Canadian Journal of Philosophy;Dec97, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p447
Comments on the role of an individual's identity in experimental memory, identifying several aspects of the identity presupposition. Subject of the content of experimental memory; Hypothesis drawn from research conducted; Basis of the claim that M-link presupposes an identity.
- Defining America: Ideals vs. just an address. Schmookler, Andrew Bard // Christian Science Monitor;5/28/98, Vol. 90 Issue 127, p11
Comments on the search for the American identity in the late 1990s. How the United States is unique in its founding on idealistic issues; How immigrants have changed the identity of the US; The cultural civil war and its impact on our national identity; Why mass entertainments and consumer...
- Recovering our identities. Angus, Denis Okanee // Saskatchewan Sage;Jan2000, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p4
Relates experiences in recovering the identity as Native women in Saskatchewan. Role of women in Saskatchewan; Information on the traditional role of women in community and at home; Realization of the author in treating the women and kids in the community.
- Read Any Good People Lately? Kaebnick, Gregory E. // Hastings Center Report;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p3
Introduces a series of articles on personal identity.
- BREAKFAST WITH GOD. // Challenge Newsline;Oct2003, Issue 30, p5
Discusses a verse from the Bible concerning identity. Sense of belonging.
- Identity politics and progress: Don't fence me in (or out). Severson, Kristin; Stanhope, Victoria // Off Our Backs;Apr98, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p12
Opinion. Offers discussion on identity politics, focusing on its impact on marginalization, discrimination and equity in the United States. Varied views on identity politics; Reference made to the various movements within the United States; Questions the long-term goals of movements.
- Identity matters. McCarthey, Sarah J.; Moje, Elizabeth Birr // Reading Research Quarterly;Apr-Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p228
Presents a conversation about the importance of identity and its relationship with literacy. Opinion on the significance of identity; Theories that are helpful in reconceptualizing identity; Role of space in identity construction.
- Opting for Privacy. // Christian Science Monitor;9/26/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 212, p10
Editorial. Discusses identity theft and privacy in the United States, and legislation which takes aim at the problem.
- SELF-IDENTITY IN PLANNED BEHAVIOR PERSPECTIVE: PAST BEHAVIOR AND ITS MODERATING EFFECTS ON SELF-IDENTITY-INTENTION RELATIONS. Fekadu, Zelalem; Kraft, Pal // Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal;2001, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p671
The self-identity and past behavior measures were included in a structured TPB (Theory of Planned Behavior) questionnaire, with the major aim of providing support for the hypothesized main and interaction effects. Results supported the validity of the TPB model, with subjective norm as the...
- A Worthy Debate. Nayyar, Seema // American Demographics;Oct2000, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the controversy over the theory of Generation Jones as proposed by writer Jonathan Pontell. Discussion on the meaning of generation; Discussion on generational issues as issues of identity.