- Injuries in sport. Yessis, Michael // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Nov92, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p33B
States that a functionally weak or poorly trained foot is the cause of more than half of all injuries in track and field, according to Vorobiev, the Russian team physician. Utilizing the athlete's potential speed or quickness; Function of longitudinal arch of foot; Importance of maintaining the...
- Corns & calluses. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec92, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p50
Suggests ways to avoid or control the discomfort of corns and calluses. Why and how calluses form; Why and how corns form; How to prevent them; How to treat them; More.
- Doctors debate. Othersen, Megan // Runner's World;Jan93, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p16
Offers authoritative replies to questions regarding foot injuries sustained through running, the use of specialists, and what to do should conflicting advice be given. Gary Rippberger, past president of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine and practicing podiatrist; Carol Frey, an...
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Oct95, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p293
Presents an abstract of the article `Use of an In-Shoe Pressure Measurement System in the Management of Patients With Neuropathic Ulcers or Metatarsalgia,' by M.J. Mueller, featured in the 1995 issue of `Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy.'
- PO-RR-099-S. // Physical Therapy;May1998, Vol. 78 Issue 5, pS34
Presents a summary of an article entitled `A Questionnaire Survey of Ankle-Foot-Orthosis Usage in Pediatric Physical Theraphy,' by S.J. Lee, Y.R. Liu, H.Y. Liu, H.J. Luo and L.C. Wu.
- PL-RR-230-F. // Physical Therapy;May1998, Vol. 78 Issue 5, pS76
Summarizes the article entitled `The Effect of Molded In-Shoe Orthotics on Pressure Distribution Patterns on the Foot: A Case Report,' by A.L. McDonough, F.C. Chen and M. Batavia.
- Sole support. Tilton, Buck; Wilkinson, Todd // Backpacker;Dec93, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p36
Discusses ways of preventing foot ailments. Choosing footwear based on comfort; Dealing with corns, calluses, bunions, neuroma, in-grown toenails, etc.
- When not to bare your sole. // Men's Health;Sep97, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p178
Provides information about the natural healing process of plantar fasciitis. Effects of walking in bare feet on the healing process of plantar fasciitis; Advice of Kurt Jepson to avoid prolongation of plantar fasciitis.
- PO-RR-119-S. // Physical Therapy;May1997, Vol. 77 Issue 5, pS39
Presents an abstract of a paper entitled `Managing Persistent Plantar Fasciitis With a Rocker Design Ankle Dorsiflexion Stretching System,' by R.J. Kasser, presented at the Physical Therapy `97: Scientific Meeting and Exposition of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Children's hindfoot and ankle disorders. Rich, Brent S.E. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Dec96, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p30
Features as article taken from the 1996 issue of `American Family Physician' entitled `Evaluation of Pediatric Foot Problems,' by E.G. Manusov, W.A. Lillegard et al. Scope hindfoot and ankle disorders in children; Determination of injury type and required treatment.