- Is sex with children next? // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/16/94, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p22
Cites a column by John Leo in the October 11, 1993 `U.S. News and World Report' which said there is a creeping tolerance which pedophiles have exploited in portraying themselves to liberal politicians and psychologists as a victimized group in search of equality. The North American Man/Boy Love...
- Bishop welcomes state inquiry. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;09/12/97, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p12
Reports on the state inquiry to be conducted on pedophilia in Australia. Objectives of the inquiry; Focus on the link between police corruption and pedophilia; Model adopted by churches in handling pedophilia.
- Pedophilia not a sexual orientation. DeKoven, Rob // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/17/2003, Issue 799, p33
Comments on a pedophilia case in California. Facts of the case; Arguments on the psychological underpinning of pedophilia; Contentions over the classification of pedophiles as mentally disordered offenders.
- The psychological life of paedophiles: A phenomenological study. Ivey, Gavin; Simpson, Peta // South African Journal of Psychology;Mar98, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the meaning of child sexual molestation for paedophiles and perpetrators of such acts. Source of data used in the study; What defines a paedophile; Objective of phenomenological research; General description of the essential meaning of paedohilia.
- Paedophiles spawn tragic legacy. Martin, Brett // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/09/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6017, p20
Presents information on revelations coming from the Royal Commission into the New South Wales (NSW) Police Service on how Paedophiles use the NSW child welfare system to obtain victims. Possible long term damage to victims of organised paedophilia; Cases of children abused by paedophiles; What...
- Molesters just want to have fun. Woodard, Joe // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;8/28/95, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p19
Reports on an unknown pedophile in Calgary, Alberta's advertising for sex with young boys in a shoppers' public service bulletin. Comments on the advertisement by detective, Jack Pedersen.
- No, I wasn't advocating pedophilia, I was trying to sound a warning. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/7/94, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p44
Attempts to clarify the author's position on the subject of pedophilia. Pedophilia, meaning sex between a child and an adult, is virtually the only remaining form of consensual sex still prohibited by the law. Public opinion with regard to divorce, adultery and sex between adult males has...
- And then in '94 we began to question our `intolerance and bigotry' over pedophilia. Byfield, Ted // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/17/94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p52
Imagines a scenario involving pedophilia. Reaction among the public and the media to Eli Langer's December 1993 show at the Mercer Union Art Gallery, Toronto, which featured children indecently performing oral and anal sex acts; The police considered the works pornography and laid charges under...
- Understanding of pedophilia remains incomplete, psychologists say. Lupercio, Kevin // National Catholic Reporter;3/15/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the inability of scientists to understand the phenomenon of pedophilia. Factors contributing to the scientists' inability; Scientific advances toward the understanding of the disorder; Factors distinguishing pedophiles from other child molesters.