CLEARING THE AIR
- Multichannel bitcasting. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2004, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p16
This article focuses on the digital broadcasting industry in the U.S. It also analyzes the history behind the development of standards to manage digital assets, not just the essence media, but the metadata that is produced from the moment a program conceived to the moment that a version of the...
- Audio moves in-picture. Aird, Brian // TVB Europe;Mar2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p62
Deals with the integrated monitoring solutions for multichannel digital television broadcasting. Functions of multichannel monitoring; Suppliers of multi-image technology for broadcast control rooms; Information on the technology of in-picture audio bar graphs and meters.
- New Negative Metric: Costs Per Subscriber. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/27/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p3
The article reports on the increased programming costs per subscriber due to the steady decrease of video customers in the U.S. in 2010.
- Slow Start to Authenticated World. // Multichannel News;9/27/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p8
The article reports on the evolution of the concept "Television Everywhere" giving multichannel video customers authentication to access programming on devices other than the set-top box of an operator.
- Broadcast Report: Multichannel vs FTA. Otremba, Jolene // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Oct2012, p82
The article reports on the competition for advertising dollars between multichannel and free-to-air (FTA) broadcasters in Asia. It mentions that the uncertain economy makes it more challenging for local broadcasters to evolve with the dynamics of content consumption. Moreover, it notes that...
- Networks Ramp Up New Tech For Football. CARELESS, JAMES // TV Technology;Sep2015, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p1
No abstract available.
- What's it take to get some ratings around here? Dunnavant, Keith // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p23
Reports on the television broadcasting of the National Hockey League (NHL) games as of October 2003. Decreased television ratings of hockey games; Financial losses of hockey teams due to poor television ratings; Possible solutions to the problem being considered by cable sports television...
- CBS USES POLATIS TO CATCH POTUS. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;11/10/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 44, p18
The article offers information on the political coverage by the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) of the 2008 Presidential election in the United States. CBS covered the events at the White House in Washington during the election day, using optical video routing switches from Andover,...
- Mr. Gates Goes Electronic: The What And Why Questions in Local TV News. Harmon, Mark D. // Journalism Quarterly;Winter89, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p857
Discovers the what and why questions in local television news in the U.S. Identification of two common themes in the existing contradictory research on local television news; Values in traditional news; Problem with the traditionalist approach.