- Severe Traumatic Brain Injury in the USA. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Oct2013, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p315
The article presents information on the findings of a Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) on traumatic brain injury in the U.S.
- A multidisciplinary community-based rehabilitation program improved social functioning in severe traumatic brain injury. Dawson, Deirdre R. // ACP Journal Club;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p22
Provides information on a study that examined whether multidisciplinary community-based outreach rehabilitation program is more effective than information only in patients with severe traumatic brain injury. Study design and setting; Main outcome measures; Main results; Conclusion.
- Conclusions of a national think tank. Thompson, Dale F.; Menz, Frederick E. // American Rehabilitation;Summer90, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p20
Part I. Discusses primary questions and the critical issues unique to brain injury and employment as identified in the Atlanta `Think Tank on Issues Relevant to Community-Based Employment for Survivors of Traumatic Brain Injury. Brief information about the traumatic brain injury (TBI) think...
- Maximizing the continuum of care through prevention. Sells, Julie A. // American Rehabilitation;Summer93, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p6
Argues that most brain injuries are not accidents and discusses how to predict and prevent them. The costs of injury; The phases of prevention; Injury classification; Strategies to prevent injury; The Rehabilitation Services Administration's (RSA) Regional Head Injury Centers; Developing an...
- Promoting self-direction: Consumer involvement in regional RSA brain injury centers. Sisk, Cynthia A. // American Rehabilitation;Summer93, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p20
Describes efforts made by each Regional Head Injury Center for Rehabilitation and Prevention, under the umbrella of the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA), to increase consumer involvement and facilitate self-direction. The highlighting of contributions by survivors and family...
- Decade of the brain: A midpoint status report. Connaughton, P.Noel; McKhann, Guy // Patient Care;7/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p94
Discusses the treatment for different types of brain injuries. Information about the underlying pathophysiology of some of the neurodegenerative diseases; A note on developmental disorders. INSETS: The Decade is born-but with a whimper.;Functional MRI: Mapping, monitoring, exploring.;Depression...
- Horseback-riding-associated traumatic brain injuries--Oklahoma, 1992-1994. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;3/15/1996, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p209
Presents a summary of the findings of a study on the horseback-riding-associated traumatic brain injuries (TBA) in Oklahoma from 1992 to 1994. Number of cases; Comparative occurrence among males and females; Time the injuries happened; Other causes of TBI.
- Child Brain Injury Trust. // Children & Young People Now;5/15/2012, p31
The article offers information on Great Britain-based Child Brain Injury Trust which is a nationwide charity supporting people with acquired brain injury.
- Growth Through Loss After Brain Injury. Ownsworth, Tamara; Fleming, Jennifer // Brain Impairment;Sep2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p79
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including posttraumatic growth (PTG), factors related to benefit finding in adults treated for benign meningioma, and interventions to facilitate growth after brain injury.