- Selling tact. McCarthy, John J. // Electrical Wholesaling;Mar1997, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p38
Presents suggestions and techniques for successful salesmanship. Costumer relationships; Extra efforts not to dislike costumer; Perspective view of personal feelings; Appreciation of other attributes and traits; Costumer service objectives; Visualize challenges.
- Sales force automation 101. Johnson, Gail // Electrical Wholesaling;Aug98, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p35
Gives advise on what sales technology tools to invest in. Separation of actual from perceived needs; technological limitations of company and customers; Assessment of equipment options and limitations; Importance of long range plans for technology.
- Direct Sales. // Black Enterprise;May86, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p59
Direct Sales the business of buying products from a manufacturer wholesale and selling them to your own customers retail is becoming increasingly popular as a way for people to supplement their incomes.
- Sales as practical logic. Harker, Jay E. // Bank Marketing;Nov93, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p44
Reports on the importance of identifying customer needs. Prospect's action as the ultimate goal of a sales professional; Use of rational argument and practical logic in sales presentation.
- Lessons from a cookie saleslady. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business News New Jersey;10/18/95, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p35
Presents the lessons learned by the author on sales from a seven year old girl selling Girl Scout cookies. Technique used in present her product; Method of convincing customers; Benefits of her sales adventure; Application of the girl's technique on businesses.
- Accountability for your accounts. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business News New Jersey;3/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p21
Discusses the importance of accepting responsibility for prospective clients' refusal to make a sale deal. Questioning the client why he is not deciding; Taking a proactive stance upon follow-up; Moving on to the next prospect.
- Checking points then and now. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business News New Jersey;3/31/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the unchanging nature of selling. Common interest of the company and the sales force; Finding an outstanding figure in a customer firm; Need for experimentation and practice; Value of time management; Persistence in selling; Knowing everything about the product; Buyers' knowledge of...
- Treating customers as partners. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business News New Jersey;4/14/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p24
Explains that establishing partnerships with customers contribute to effective selling strategies. Values recommended for making successful business links; Techniques suggested to build a business environment conducive to partnerships.
- Sell the group from the front of the room. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business News New Jersey;05/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p16
Presents several tips on selling to an audience. Creation of a mood of upbeat excitement; Elements of presentation; Creation of a sense of urgency.
- I mean, I wasn't born yesterday. Green, Alan // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1994, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p33
Looks at some reactions to advice and sales pitches that the author believes were gullible responses. Car sealant; Service warranty for a VCR; Disability insurance; Magazines at cut-rate prices; More.