Incorrect numbers and information
- Easy to swallow. // Current Health 2;Nov90, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p16
Reports on a new plastic-coated insulin pill for diabetics. Gas-and water-permeable coating.
- It's easy to swallow. // Current Health 1;Nov90, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p19
Reports on new plastic-coated pills for administering insulin. May replace injections for people with diabetes.
- Choices available for insulin delivery. Valentine, Virginia // Diabetes in the News;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p42
Presents the advantages and disadvantages of alternative means of taking insulin aside from the traditional syringe. Insulin pens; Air injection devices; Assistive devices. INSET: Getting started..
- Living with diabetes. Schwarz, Lisa // Diabetes in the News;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p46
Provides answers to questions on how to cope with diabetes. Blood glucose control; Impaired glucose tolerance; Dislike of needles; Restrictions against diabetics in medical school.
- How to achieve balance in your diabetes management program. Valenta, Christine L.; Daniel, Dolly // Diabetes in the News;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p6
Describes the various aspects and components of a good diabetes program. Excuses for avoiding exercise; Effects of overdoing and underdoing exercise; Common eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia; Results of unhealthy eating in diabetics; Overdoing and underdoing medication;...
- Sick-day plan will reduce impact of minor illnesses. Davis, Ellen; Ward, Loletha // Diabetes in the News;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p20
Emphasizes the need for diabetics to be prepared for a minor illness. Ways to prepare for an illness; Handling an illness with a sick-day plan; Sick-day plan's inclusions; Guidelines for medication; Relief of symptoms; Importance of blood glucose monitoring; Intake of sugar-free drinks as a...
- A good night's sleep is often hard to find. Berg, B. Robert // Diabetes in the News;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p44
States that a diabetic's failure to get enough quality sleep can seriously disrupt efforts for disease management. Relation of sleep problems to diabetes; Reduction of diabetes-related problems; Common barriers to sleep; Relaxation techniques; Physical sleep barriers. INSETS: How much...
- Sharing diabetes equipment can create health problems. Fierst, Barbara S. // Diabetes in the News;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p62
States the possibility of creating significant health problems by sharing equipment and supplies with another diabetic. Health risks; Guidelines on lowering risks of contamination; Rules on reuse; Basic precautions on the reuse of equipment. INSETS: How to safely dispose of your...
- Muscle cells' resistance to insulin may start decades before diagnosis of Type II. Pasmantier, RoseMarie // Diabetes in the News;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p14
Presents the key factors that lead to insulin resistance and the development of Type II diabetes. Obesity; Hereditary defect; Natural aging process; Increased secretion of norepinephrine; Medications that lead to insulin resistance; Ways to reduce severity of insulin resistance; Diet, exercise,...
- Oral agent update. Kilo, Charles // Diabetes in the News;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p18
Features oral medications that lower blood glucose for the treatment of Type II diabetes. Different ways to lower blood glucose; Sulfonylureas family of drugs; Metformin; Brand names; Dosage and potency; Guidelines in using oral agents.