- Management of community-acquired pneumonia at a tertiary care medical center in Lebanon. Cherfan, Antoine J.; Bizri, Abdul Rahman N.; Steitieth, Souzan W.; Moukhachen, Oussayma E. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;5/1/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p934
Discusses the medical management of community-acquired pneumonia patients in Lebanon. Demographic and clinical characteristics of patients with community-acquired pneumonia; Mono and combination drug therapy; Antimicrobials prescribed at the patients.
- Tolerating TMP-SMX. // Advocate;7/25/95, Issue 686, p48
Focuses on TMP-SMX, an oral medication for the prevention of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia. High incidence of skin rashes due to TMP-SMX; Desensitization process to help hypersensitive patients tolerate TMP-SMX.
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Bartlett, John G.; Mundy, Linda M. // New England Journal of Medicine;12/14/95, Vol. 333 Issue 24, p1618
Accesses the seriousness of community-acquired pneumonia. Symptoms of illness; Clinical tests; Treatment of pneumonia.
- Simple method could cut cost for patients with pneumonia. // San Diego Business Journal;08/18/97, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p18A
Reports that the United States Agency for Health Care Policy and Research has announced a method to accurately predict which patients with pneumonia may be treated at home rather than in a hospital. How the method could reduce the amount of money spent annually on inpatient care.
- Most community-acquired pneumonia can be treated on an outpatient basis in 4 days. // Modern Medicine;Jul98, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p43
Presents an abstract of the article `Time to Clinical Stability in Patients Hospitalized with Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Implications for Practice Guidelines,' by E. A. Halm, M. J. Fine, et al from the `Journal of American Medical Association' dated May 13, 1998.
- Community-acquired pneumonia: New bugs, new drugs. Cunha, Burke A.; Segreti, John // Patient Care;3/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p142
Presents an update on community-acquired pneumonia (CAP). Definition of community-acquired pneumonia; Number of people affected yearly by disease; Diagnosis and symptoms; Treating CAP; Determining whether a patient should be hospitalized; Duration of therapy; Follow-up treatment; References;...
- Use broad-spectrum antibiotics for penicillin-resistant pneumonia. // Geriatrics;Feb98, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p19
Reports that according to Steven R. Gambert, a medical doctor, vaccination and broad-spectrum antibiotics should be used to treat older adults with penicillin-resistant strains of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP). Percentage of in-patients with CAP in the Intermountain integrated managed care...
- Oral antibiotics in bacterial pneumonia. Dale, David C.; Federman, Daniel D. // Cortlandt Forum;04/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p29
Presents alternative treatment approaches in treating patients with bacterial pneumonia.
- Abstracts. // Formulary;Jan1997, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p98
Summarizes the study `A Prospective Randomized Study of Inpatient IV Antibiotics for Community-Acquired Pneumonia: The Optimal Duration of Therapy,' by R.E. Siegel and others, published in `Chest.' Use of Cefuroxime for both the intravenous and oral administration; Reduction of hospital stays...