- BILLIONAIRES ARE FREE. Grigoriadis, Vanessa // New York;11/6/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 39, p66
This article describes the manner of living enjoyed by billionaires. The author states that billionaires are becoming more common but their lives are extremely rarefied, living in a manner inconceivable to people poorer than they. There is a nightclub in Manhattan that only caters to...
- Cash Is Paid, Stock Is Played, Tattler Has Strayed. Merrefield, David // SN: Supermarket News;4/17/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 16, p12
This article comments on the decision of A&P to sell the Canadian division, its chief moneymaking asset. The reason behind the move is discussed. The value of the transaction between A&P and Metro is presented. Details of the allegations that a writer for the New York Post sought to extort money...
- Burkle Links With Webster. Conti, Samantha // DNR: Daily News Record;6/11/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p2
The article discusses how the founder and managing partner of Yucaipa Cos., Ron Burkle, has taken a stake in London, England-based jeweler Stephen Webster. According to the article Burkle is planning to build up Webster's retail network worldwide and expand the label's product line. The article...
- Billionaire buys a stake in hauler. Migliore, Greg // Automotive News;6/19/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6208, p6
This article reports that Yucaipa Cos. LLC, a private firm led by billionaire Ron Burkle, recently bought a chunk of North America's largest car hauler, Allied Holdings Inc. Allied, of Decatur, Georgia, has been operating under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection since last July. Burkle's firm is...
- Rich Kids Ahead. Aldrich Jr., Nelson W. // Financial Planning;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p49
Focuses on a spectre of a hereditary aristocracy of wealth facing financial planners in the U. S. Vulnerability of old money; Important thing the rich believe their money buys them.
- Hail, muckspreaders. Gilling, Tom // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/08/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6066, p28
Considers the accumulation of wealth by financial tycoons like Bill Gates in the 1990's relative to other time periods. The dramatic rates at which their wealth is accumulated compared to the industrial barons of the early twentieth century; The relaxed, casual style with which they approach...
- P. Diddy Bulking Up: L.A. Investor Injects Millions Into Sean John. Greenberg, Julee // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/15/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 56, p1
Reports that Sean Combs signed a retailing deal with Ron Burkle. Estimates of the value of the contract; Terms of the agreement.
- Restricted (all welcome). Futrelle, David // Money;Apr2002, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p27
Reports on investor interest in hedge funds. Traditional exclusivity of hedge funds which are generally only open to the super rich; Appeal of hedge funds which have been outperforming the stock market in 2001; Decision of several financial firms to open up hedge funds to a wider range of people.
- Political Climate Seen as Biggest Threat to Achieving Financial Goals. // Millionaire Corner;Dec2012, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p7
The article presents a monthly survey on the factors that affected affluent investors' investment plans. Fourteen percent of those surveyed considered the economy as the most serious threat to achieving their household's financial goals, while some considered market conditions, fiscal cliff,...