- Joint responsibility: The need for a national arthroplasty register. Sochart, David H.; Long, Alison J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/13/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7049, p66
Editorial. Discusses the need for a national arthroplasty register in Great Britain. Aim of effecting unbiased scientific evaluation of the outcome of any total joint replacement; Alternatives to a register; Potential difficulties of a national register; Role of hospital trusts in selecting...
- Two-stage revision arthroplasty of the hip for infection using an interim articulated Prostalac hip spacer. Biring, G. S.; Kostamo, T.; Garbuz, D. S.; Masri, B. A.; Duncan, C. P. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Jun2010, Vol. 92-A Issue 6, preceding p1335
An abstract of the article "Two-stage revision arthroplasty of the hip for infection using an interim articulated Prostalac hip spacer," by G. S. Biring and colleagues is presented.
- Erratum. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;May2004, Vol. 86-A Issue 5, p1038
Presents a correction to the article "Soft-Tissue in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty. Surgical Technique," published in the March 2004 issue of "The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery."
- Audit of timing of antibiotic prophylaxis in hip and knee arthroplasty. Lewis, K. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Oct98, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p339
Examines the audit timing of antibiotic prophylaxis in hip and knee arthroplasty. Administration of antibiotic at induction of anesthesia; Evaluation of patients undergoing elective joint replacement surgery; Assessment of the practice to ensure antibiotic administration of patients.
- Unicondylar Knee Arthroplasty: Past and Present. // Orthopedics;Dec2005, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p1434
Presents a quiz about unicondylar knee arthroplasty.
- Newer total ankle options provide a greater selection of implants for patients. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Jan2009, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p40
The article reports on the increase in the number of total ankle replacement surgery options available in the U.S. market.
- Allograft, prosthesis use evolving in hip revisions for proximal femoral bone loss. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Mar2009, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses the need for the application of revision femoral arthroplasty on proximal femoral bone loss.
- Editorial. Singh, Jasvinder A. // Open Orthopaedics Journal;2011 Special Issue 001, Vol. 5 Issue S1, p78
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including arthroplasty and shoulders.
- Post-arthroplasty activity advice based on little data. // Orthopedics Today;Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p48
This article discusses a survey which revealed that although there are accepted activity recommendations for patients following joint arthroplasty, yet few surgeons in the U.S. believe there are data to support their advice.