- Survey reveals confusion about antioxidant vitamins. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Jan1996, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p8
States that most people do not understand what is meant by the term antioxidant vitamins according to two national surveys in the United States. Other findings; What are antioxidants.
- Defuse the genetic time bomb of aging with a wide range of antioxidant foods. Borek, Carmia // Health News Naturally;Winter96, p14
Features food containing antioxidants. Role in preventing aging; Vegetables; Fruits; Grain products; Dairy products; Fats, oils and sweets; Supplements. INSET: Eat your antioxidants..
- How complete is complete? // Medical Update;Mar94, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the growing popularity of antioxidants as a health supplement. Studies showing the health benefits of antioxidants; Incomplete amount of beta carotene, vitamin E and vitamin C in multivitamin-mineral combinations marketed by pharmaceutical companies; Ineffectiveness of vitamin E in...
- Fitness and free radicals. // Medical Update;Sep94, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Presents information on antioxidants. Application in controlling free oxygen radicals; Background information on antioxidants; Books published; Studies conducted.
- Fruit & vegetable antioxidants. B.L. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;May97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p14
Reports on a study by Ronald Prior and colleagues at the Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts about the antioxidant content of different foods. Kale; Beets; Red peppers; Spinach; Broccoli; Cauliflower;...
- Antioxidants. // Plastics Technology;Aug96 Supplement Handbook, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p418
Features antioxidants for plastics manufacturing. Includes Ethanox 702 sterically hindered diphenolic; Trialkyl and dialkyl hydrogen phosphites; Evanstab thioester.
- Making a case for antioxidants. Brody, Jane // Swim Magazine;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the effectiveness of antioxidants in preventing certain diseases. Studies undertaken by medical researchers to test the beneficial effects of antioxidants; Idea behind antioxidants; Anti-cancer action of antioxidants.
- Fight aging and disease with new supernutrient. // Chinatown News;2/3/94, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p19
Focuses on Pycnogenol and suggests that it may be the most powerful antioxidant ever discovered. Dubbed by scientists in Europe as `the youth nutrient'; Special benefit to smokers; Other health benefits; Contact point for more information.
- The next frontier in antioxidants. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Feb95, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p8
Reports on scientific discoveries on phytochemicals present in antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables. Therapeutic value of beta carotene; Paleolithic dietary consumption of nutrients and antioxidants.
- Antioxidants. Langer, Stephen // Better Nutrition;Jul96, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p54
Focuses on the importance of antioxidants in maintaining good health. Features of antioxidants in physiological processes; Role in preventing degenerative diseases; Types of antioxidants; Anti-oxidative nutrients.