- Video and Electronic Resources. // American Journal of Public Health;Mar1999, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p427
The article provides a list of Web sites related to cardiovascular disease including the American College of Cardiology at http://www.acc.org/login/index.taf and the National Stroke Association at http://www.stroke.org/.
- Heart to heart. Ukens, Carol // Drug Topics;12/6/99, Vol. 143 Issue 23, p118
Reports on the launching of a Web site devoted to cardiovascular medicine.
- Risk of cardiovascular disease. Carnall, Douglas // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/11/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7236, p722
Presents information on Web sites designed to support doctors' decision making in situation of cardiovascular risk. Features of the sites.
- Heart Failure--What Do I Need to Know About It? // American Family Physician;12/1/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 11, preceding p1
Presents information on heart failure. Causes and symptoms of heart failure; Ways to treat or prevent heart failure; Web site that offers information on heart failure.
- ELECTRONIC PAGES: Heart Online case reports: www.heartjnl.com. // Heart;Oct2004, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p1178
The article presents abstracts of several research papers published in the web sites in conjunction with October 2004 issue of the journal "Heart." The abstract of the article "Fatal Fulminant Myocarditis Caused by Disseminated Mucormycosis," discusses acute fulminant myocarditis which is a...
- People Are Talking Aboutâ€¦. Halvorson, Ryan // IDEA Fitness Journal;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p17
This section offers news briefs related to the physical fitness industry. The Life Fitness Virtual Trainer website enables users to develop and track cardiovascular workoputs online. The expansion plans of "Shape" magazine include entering the exercise equipment market. A study from the National...
- Kick up your heels! Cohen, Bari Nan // Self;Feb2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p57
Provides tips from actress Lola Glaudini in having a workout through ballet dancing. Totality of food calories burn-out per session; Benefit of the workout in strength and cardiovascular system; Accessibility of the workout step through the .learntodance.com Web site.
- Effects Of Internet-Based Tailored Advice on the Use of Cholesterol-Lowering Interventions: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Webster, Ruth; Li, Stephen C. H.; Sullivan, David R.; Jayne, Kathy; Su, Steve Y. S.; Neal, Bruce // Journal of Medical Internet Research;Jul-Sep2010, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p17
Background: Elevated low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol is a leading risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Despite the availability of proven interventions to lower LDL cholesterol, their use remains subobtimal. Many websites provide interactive, tailored advice on cardiovascular risk...
- Getting a leg up on varicose veins. Zamula, E. // FDA Consumer;Feb1990, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p24
Reports on varicose veins, a malady only cosmetically embarrassing for some, but painful and disabling for others. Fortunately, many treatments are available to help people minimize the effects of this leg ailment. INSET: The `haves' and `have nots,' by E.Z..