- Erratum. // Palliative Medicine;Dec2005, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p663
The article presents corrections to the paper "Opioid purchases and expenditure in nine western European countries: are we killing off morphine?," published in a 2005 issue of the "Palliative Medicine" journal.
- Corrigendum. // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Apr2009, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p1051
A correction to the article "Immune-cell derived opioids protect against neuropathic pain in mice" is presented.
- Further Reading. // Heroin & Other Opiates: Poppies' Perilous Children;2008, p119
A list of books related to opioids and opioid abuse is presented which includes "The Pursuit of Oblivion: A Global History of Narcotics" by Richard Davenport-Hines, "Opioids" edited by Nancy Harris, and "Substance Related Disorders and Their Treatment" by Joyce Libal.
- For More Information. // Heroin & Other Opiates: Poppies' Perilous Children;2008, p120
A list of web sites related to opioids and opioid abuse is presented which includes the sites of the American Pain Society, the American Society of Addiction Medicine and the Center for Drug Evaluation and Information.
- Behind the Scenes. // Best's Review;Jan2013, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p52
The article reports on the growing problem on the dependency and abuse of the use of opioid painkillers in the U.S.
- Opioid analgesics. // Reactions Weekly;7/21/2012, Issue 1411, p33
The article describes the case of a 39-year-old man who developed opioid dependence and experienced withdrawal symptoms upon withdrawal from opioid analgesic therapy for pain associated with cystic kidney disease.
- Nociception. Kuner, Rohini // Encyclopedic Reference of Molecular Pharmacology;2004, p658
The term "nociceptin" is defined as an opioid peptide, the endogenous ligand for the opioid receptor-like protein.
- Opioid trends must be addressed. CENICEROS, ROBERTO // Business Insurance;10/10/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 39, p8
The author emphasizes the need to address drug-related deaths in the U.S. particularly those caused by opioid analgesics which had exceeded deaths from cocaine and heroin.
- The Painkiller Prescription: Protect Use, Prevent Abuse. Sullivan, Louis W. // Geriatrics;Dec2001, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p46
Advocates the proper use of pain medication and the prevention of its abuse. Importance of opioid pain medications; National board responsible for defining standards of care in the United States; Ways to ensure the proper use of pain medication and prevent its abuse.