- Hepatitis C. Gully, Paul R.; Tepper, Martin L. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;05/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p1427
Focuses on hepatitis C in Canada. Epidemiology; Natural history; Management of the disease.
- The shadow epidemic. Groopman, Jerome // New Yorker;05/11/98, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p48
Reports on the amount of persons in the United States affected by hepatitis C. Indication that the disease affects four times more people than the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV); Indepth look at the amount of persons affected by the disease worldwide; Details on persons who develop the...
- Hepatitis C virus infection: Prevalence, diagnosis and treatment. Wade, William E. // Drug Topics;10/7/96 Supplement, Vol. 140 Issue 19, p18S
Discusses the course of Hepatitis C and its treatment. Epidemiology of the disease; Mechanism of hepatocellular damage it causes; Diagnostic procedures done; Pathophysiology of Hepatitis C; Pharmacokinetics, adverse effects and precautions of interferon; Drug to drug interactions with...
- Hunt begins for patients suspected of having hepatitis C. Court, Claudia // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/21/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6973, p146
Reports on the efforts of health officials to trace former hospital patients who received blood transfusions before September 1991 due to the possibility of having been infected with hepatitis C virus. Recommendation of the Advisory Committee on the Microbiological safety of Blood and Tissues...
- Hepatitis C infection. Wetherbee, Roger E. // Cortlandt Forum;6/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p170
Responds to questions about hepatitis C infection. Hepatitis C prevalence in North America and Europe; Characteristics of typical patients; Contracting of hepatitis C from a blood transfusion.
- SURPRISE RISK FOR TYPE 2. P.R. // Prevention;Jul2002, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p161
Reports that people who have hepatitis C virus have three times the chance that they will also have type 2 diabetes.
- Hepatitis C Virus Infection Trends in Italy. Lavanchy, Daniel // Hepatitis Monthly;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p46
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Hepatitis C Virus Infection Trends in Italy" by G. La Torre, M. R. Gualano, and L. Semyonov in the November 2011 issue.
- Update on an epidemic. Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p64
Presents information on the viral infection hepatitis C, which affects the liver and can progress to a life-threatening disease. Estimated number of deaths which the illness causes annually in the United States; Approval of the combination drug, interferon-ribavirin, to treat chronic hepatitis...
- CDC: Hepatitis C outbreak at surgery center isn't isolated. // Same-Day Surgery;Apr2008, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p37
The article focuses on results of the study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reflecting the direct relation between improper infection control practices and hepatitis C outbreak at a surgery center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Vertical Transmission of hepatitis C virus infection. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;1/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p126
Presents information on the perinatal vertical transmission of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection while investigating a study conducted by Bortolotti and associates. Participants in the study; Detailed information on the study; Results of the study.