- Travel news. // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p79
Presents travel news items in Asia for the month of June 1995. Includes Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok's offer of a discount on accommodation; Grand Hyatt Hong Kong's introduction of a privilege plan for its guests; Prizes offered by Singapore Airlines for lucky passengers travelling from Singapore to...
- Why Singapore Airlines is the world's most profitable airline. Davis, Ben // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p34
Examines the reasons for the continued profit streak enjoyed Singapore Airlines Ltd. since its inception in 1972. Provision of excellent customer service; Emphasis on keeping the fleet modern; Management's investment in capacity.
- Singapore to join Xiamen venture? // Interavia Business & Technology;Nov93, Vol. 48 Issue 572, p15
Reports on the possibility of Singapore Airlines's entry in the Taikko Aircraft Engineering Company project. Joint venture maintenance center in Xiamen, China; Airlines involved in the project; Other companies involved in the venture.
- Singapore sees stars. // Air Transport World;Jan1998, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p9
Reports that Singapore Airlines joined the Lufthanasa/United Airlines-led global Star Alliance. Goals and terms of alliance; Comments from Dr. Cheong Choong Kong, deputy chairman and chief executive officer of Singapore Airlines.
- Singapore places record order for Pratt & Whitney PW4000s. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/12/90, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p24
Reports that Singapore Airlines has placed orders and taken options on 234 Pratt & Whitney PW4000 engines, the largest power plant buy since it was launched in 1982 and Pratt's second largest commercial order ever. The engines are worth a potential $2.2 billion.
- On air. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Nov96, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on the Singapore Airlines Ltd.'s entertainment system on its London to Singapore flights.
- Destinations Worldwide Launch Aggressive Campaigns To Compete for Marketshare. Lisella, Maria; Ruggia, James // Travel Agent;6/23/2003, Vol. 313 Issue 1, p59
Reports on the strategies of travel companies to compete for market share in the industry. VisitBritain's teamup with private and public partners in its advertising campaign to encourage Americans to travel to Great Britain; Discounts offered by Singapore Airlines.
- SIA posts slight fall in profits. Noakes, Gary // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/4/2002, Issue 2538, p30
Focuses on the decline of Singapore Airlines' pre-tax profits for the first half of the year. Impact of the September 11 terrorist attacks on passenger numbers; Strategies to increase operating profits; Launch of additional flights to enhance profitability.
- Big sale looms. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/4/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 14, p21
Reports on Singapore Airlines review of Airbus and Boeing tenders to provide as many as 52 more transports to the airline. Cost of proposed order; Airline's projected annual growth; Options for the ultra-long-rang A340-300X and 747-400.
- Bangalore freighter. McKenna, James T. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/22/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 8, p15
Announces Singapore Airlines has established direct freighter services to Bangalore, India, using a Boeing 737-300. The weekly service will eliminate the need to ship goods from the Asia/Pacific region through other Indian cities to that southern Indian city, one of that nation's leading...