- Did you know... // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;May98, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
Reveals the gastrointestinal tract's measurement if it were stretched straight.
- Laxatives rarely needed. Cummings, M. // FDA Consumer;Apr91, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p33
Reports that laxatives can pose the risk of side effects and habituation. Avoiding quick fix laxatives; Description of several laxatives and how they work; Lifestyle changes to alleviate constipation; Adverse effects. INSET: Types of laxatives..
- Gastrointestinal Tract Imaging. // Synergy: Imaging & Therapy Practice;May2013, p30
The article reviews the book "Gastrointestinal Tract Imaging - An Evidence Based Practice Guide," edited by Julie M Nightingale, Robert L Law, and Giles Maskell.
- Gastroenterology. // Age & Ageing;Aug2013, Vol. 42 Issue suppl_3, piii18
An abstract of the article "Comparison of the Safety Profile of Prucalopride for Chronic Constipation in Elderly and Adult Patients" by M. Camilleri, P. Robinson, R. Kerstens, and L. Vandeplassche is presented.
- You are what you eat! // Children's Digest;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p32
Discusses how foods are being processed inside the body. Functions of the digestive system; Nutrients used by cells; Benefits of bacteria inside the large intestines; Where does the excess substance stored in.
- PERIOPERATIVE VASOPRESSOR USE IS ASSOCIATED WITH INCREASED RATES OF GASTROINTESTINAL ANASTOMOTIC LEAKAGE. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Aug2006 Supplement, Vol. 49, p18
An abstract of the article "Perioperative Vasopressor Use is Associated with Increased Rates of Gastrointestinal Anastomotic Leakage," by T. L. Zakrison, B. Nascimento, L. Tremblay, M. Silva and S. Rizoli is presented.
- GIST or GANT? Kyung-Whan Min // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Oct2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p357
Presents a letter concerning Yantiss's "Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: An ultrastructural study" published in the "International Journal of Surgical Pathology". Reaction on the illustrated ultrastructural features of gastrointestinal stromal tumors; Consistency of findings between the...
- CLINICAL EVALUATION OF MONODRAL IN THE TREATMENT OF GASTROINTESTINAL DISEASES. A. Ray Hufford // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1956, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p199
Presents a study that clinically evaluates monodral in the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases in gastroenterology in the U.S. Historical background of the study on gastrointestinal disorders; Symptoms of the disease on patients; Process of the oral anticholinergic therapy or monodral.
- Happy Healthy Gut. Browne, Jennifer // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Feb2014, Issue 376, p174
The article reviews the book "Happy Healthy Gut" by Jennifer Browne.
- GIST: An Update. Rosai, Juan // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Jul2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p177
Provides information about gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST). Immunohistochemical and ultrastructural features; Tool for the confirmation of the diagnosis of GIST tumor; Details of the primary treatment of GIST.