- XL Capital's Problems Not Expected to Hurt Subsidiaries. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;9/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32222, p4
Focuses on the explanation of Standard & Poor's regarding its decision to place its rating for XL Capital Ltd. on credit watch with negative implications due to the uncertainty surrounding Hurricane Katrina will not affect the AAA rating for its XL Capital Assurance Inc. and XL Financial...
- Fitch Puts XL Capital on Negative Watch; Action Doesn't Affect Guaranty Units. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p6
Reports on the bond rating issued to bond issuer XL Capital Ltd. by Fitch Ratings Inc. in the U.S. Affirmation of positive ratings on its financial guaranty subsidiaries; Basis of the agency in assigning the ratings; Estimate of loss reserve of XL.
- Gloucester, Mass., Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p2
Reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Service to raise Gloucester, Massachusetts' $69.9 million outstanding general obligations bonds to A1 from A2.
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p31
A table depicting changes to government bond ratings from agencies Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. is presented.
- S&P upgrade gives Tennessee Triple-A crown. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p36
Cites Tennessee as the ninth state to carry unified triple-A general obligation bond ratings from the big three credit agencies. Standard & Poor's upgrade of the state's rating on May 1, 1998; General obligation authorization for fiscal 1999; Rating agencies' main point of contention with state...
- Little Rock officials remain confident, despite recent downgrade by S&P. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/26/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30465, p6
Reports on continued confidence by Little Rock, Arkansas officials despite Standard & Poor's downgrade of its general obligation bonds after noting an erosion of the city's reserves. City's efforts to strengthen its financial situation and address capital needs; Capital improvement revenue issue.
- Standard & Poor's settles on stable outlook for Texas GOs. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p3
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s revision of its outlook on Texas' $4.9 billion AA-rated general obligation bonds. Results of the agency's evaluation of the state's finances; Justification of the solidification of the state's ratings.
- Cleveland, county win Moody's upgrades. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's upgrade of Cuhayoga County and Cleveland, Ohio's bond ratings to reflect improvements in their finances. Bonds affected by the upgrade.
- New Haven, Conn., GOs score upgrades from S&P, Moody's. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p26
Reports on the upgrading of New Haven, Connecticut's bond ratings as the city prepares to issue $50 million worth of bonds. Results of evaluations on the city's finances which supported the rating upgrades; Outlook for the city's finances.