- Cuisine of the Khanates. Cramer, Marc // World & I;Nov2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p130
Provides information on Mongolian cuisine. Description of a Mongolian cuisine; Influences on Mongolia's cooking; Origins and evolution of Mongolian cuisine: Examples of recipes for Mongolian cuisine.
- WITH WOK, SMOOTHIES, COFFEE: COLGATE RENEWS RETAIL. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the increase in sales of The Coop retail dining facility at Colgate University in Hamilton, New York after unveiling an updated look and new concepts including a Mongolian wok. Peak operations of the facility; Description of the pre-renovated facility; Popular offerings at the facility.
- Mondo Italiano. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Jun2005, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p25
Features several Italian delicatessen stores in Australia. Operation of the Enoteca Sileno in Victoria; Food being offered at the Fratelli Fresh in New South Wales; Specialties at the New Farm Deli in Queensland.
- Vive la difference -- it's kosher. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;02/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, pE-8
Describes the facilities of restaurants in Detroit, Michigan. Kosher dishes at the La Difference restaurant; Outdoor and barbecue cuisine at the Ja-Da rib house; Dishes at the BD's Mongolian Barbecue restaurant.
- THE SPANISH invasion. Bernes, Robert J.; Jarman, Abbie // Chef Educator Today;Summer2007, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p21
The article provides information about the Spanish cuisine, one of the most popular cuisines in the foodservice industry, including its Basque-style tapa and Spanish charcuterie. Ingredients for traditional Basque food include meat, fish, and shellfish, but modern chefs use ingredients not...
- Taking their number. Petrak, Lynn // National Provisioner;Aug2004, Vol. 215 Issue 8, p52
There is growth in "fast food," and a good share of it is occurring in the prepared deli segment. Although hot foods including rodsserie chicken and heat-and-eat dishes such as ribs and pot roasts are taking up more space behind the glass, delimeat processors are also developing other innovative...
- 'Eat-ertainment.'. Harris, Jim // Food & Drink;Winter2010, p118
The article profiles db's Mongolian Grill, a Mongolian-style grill restaurant in Burnsville, Minnesota. The company has 35 locations in 13 states in the U.S. and one franchise in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Aside from the Asian-style stir-fry, the restaurant offers Italian, Mexican and Caribbean...
- To-Order Originality. McHatton, Barbara // Food & Drink;Summer2010, p140
The article presents information about HuHot Mongolian Grill, a restaurant company based in Missoula, Montana. With around 1,600 employees, the company posted sales of 60 million U.S. dollars in 2009. The "Restaurant Business" magazine named the restaurant in its top 50 list for the past three...
- Epicure on the Run. // Metro (NZ);Jul2001, Issue 241, p105
Presents news concerning the food service industry in New Zealand as of July 2001. Food selection offered by Brown's Deli; Services offered by the deli to customers; Food products sold at Cuisine Market.