- Market Post: After the Feast, Volume to Drop. Flynn, Hillary; Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;3/17/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34076, p9
The article reports that issuance in the municipal market in the U.S. for the second week of March 2014 increased for the fifth straight week but is expected to drop in the coming week. It notes that a Go bond sale by California sold 1.11 billion U.S. dollars worth of bonds. It asserts that...
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;7/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32180, p32
Presents a chart depicting municipal bonds issued in the Far West area of the United States as of July 22, 2005. Issuer and purpose; Amount; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- TOBs Taking Flight? Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p1
The article reports that some tender option bond (TOB) programs have been unwinding since the start of 2006 due to the changing market conditions. The trend, according to the author, is putting more long-dated municipal bonds back into the market. TOB programs are typically set up as trusts...
- Municipals Finish Session Easier as Treasuries Fall on Lower Oil Prices. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32212, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market in the U.S. easily finished the first trading session of a holiday-shortened week, as treasuries fell after oil prices retreated to pre-Hurricane Katrina levels. Assurance on the potential economic slowdown and an eventual pause in the Federal Reserve...
- Higher Ed, Houston Help Region Buck a Trend. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p25
Focuses on the increase in municipal bond issuance in Southwest region in the U.S. Percentage increase in issuance in the health care sector; Performance of the education sector which is by far the largest market sector in terms of debt issuance; Increase in the use of letters of credit due to...
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;7/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32180, p7
Presents a chart depicting municipal bond offerings as of July 22, 2005. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bond offerings; Negotiated note offerings; Issuers of the bonds; Amount; Lead manager.
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32260, p11
Presents a chart depicting competitive note offerings in the U.S.
- Despite Hot 4th Quarter, Region's Issuance Still Dipped 17% in '06. Kaske, Michelle; Phillips, Ted; Stark, Jonna; Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32566, p30
The article reports that the Northeast was the country's most active region for issuance in 2006, accounting for 24.5 percent of the $383.4 billion of municipal bonds sold nationally in the U.S. A 38 percent drop in transportation issuance contributed to the overall decline in volume in the...
- Munis Firmer on 2d Day of Weaker Inflation Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32447, p2
The article reports on the status of the municipal market as a second straight day of weaker-than-expected inflation data pushed Treasury yields lower in the U.S. This created favorable market conditions that led two large deals to come to market a day earlier than scheduled. According to...