- Comparing the cost of capital in the United States and... Poterba, James M. // Quarterly Review (01476580);Winter90/91, Vol. 15 Issue 3/4, p20
Illustrates alternative cost of capital methodologies by focusing on the United States and Japan. Brief overview of what the cost of capital is and how it affects managers' project evaluation; Cost of debt and equity; Influence of the corporate tax rate and the system of investment incentives...
- Bank cost of capital and international competition. Zimmer, Steven A.; McCauley, Robert N. // Quarterly Review (01476580);Winter90/91, Vol. 15 Issue 3/4, p33
Investigates how capital costs may have contributed to the declining competitiveness of U.S. banks. Defining the cost capital banks for industrial firms; Overview cost of equity; Cost of capital for financial products; Implications of the cost of capital disadvantage of U.S. banks; Conclusion. ...
- Cost of capital in Japan: Update. Frankel, Jeffrey A. // Business Economics;Apr91, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p25
Focuses on the cost of capital in Japan. Weighted-average market cost of capital in 1980s; Price/earnings ratios; Update for events of 1990; Government policy.
- Some financial perspectives on comparative costs of capital. Weston, J. Fred // Business Economics;Apr91, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p33
Focuses on international cost of capital. Measurement of financially derived competitive advantage (FDCA); Alternative approaches to FDCA.
- Aircraft engine inspection costs capitalized. // Practical Accountant;Jul96, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p22
Presents the Internal Revenue Service's ruling that a corporation engaged in the transportation of passengers and freight must capitalize costs it incurs in inspecting and reconditioning aircraft engines of its turboprop aircraft fleet. Important aspects of the ruling.
- ROBERT REICH: Why CHEAPER MONEY Won't Mean MORE JOBS. Reich, Robert // Progressive Populist;10/1/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p13
The article addresses the debate over reducing capital cost through acquisition of more mortgage-backed securities, Treasury bills and other bonds in the U.S.
- Computing the cost of capital for privately held firms. Cotner, John S.; Fletcher, Harold D. // American Business Review;Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p27
Offers a method of estimating the cost of capital for privately held firms through application of the analytical hierarchy process (AHP). Details on other methods used in computing cost of capital; Features of the AHP approach; Empirical application of the approach to Gemini Foods Corporation;...
- The cost of capital for securities firms in the... McCauley, Robert N.; Zimmer, Steven A. // Quarterly Review (01476580);Autumn91, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p14
Discusses information on the respectable performance of United States securities firms as its rationale for exploring cost of capital differences between countries. Comparison of the capital costs faced by U.S. and Japanese securities in the 1982-91 period; Measuring the cost of capital;...
- The relative cost of capital for marginal firms over the... Hardouvelis, Gikas A.; Wizman, Thierry A. // Quarterly Review (01476580);Autumn92, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p44
Explores the differential effects of the business cycle on the opportunity cost of raising funds. Explanations on the cost of capital; Evolution of the relative cost capital of marginal firms; Sensitivity of the cost of capital to the amount of risk; Conclusions.