- With a Strong Southwest Push: Blending in With Clients. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the growth of Southern Foodservice Management Inc. based in Birmingham, Alabama. Number of locations operated by the company; Comments from Mike Barclay, senior vice president; Accounts of the company.
- FOODSERVICE SCRAMBLES IN KATRINA'S WAKE. // FoodService Director;9/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p4
Presents information on relief efforts of food service firms to help victims of Hurricane Katrina on the U.S. Gulf Coast in August 2005. Issuance of a waiver of normal school lunch accountability systems for schools in the disaster area by the Department of Agriculture; Food service provided by...
- Lucent Tech. unit adding brands, new promotions. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the changes made in Lucent Technologies Inc.'s food service business under its new contractor Southern Foodservice Management. Mixture of manufacturer and in-house concepts; Companies included in the over-all in-house branding in foodcourt; New promotions launched.
- Barclay cites bigger target. // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p16
Presents an interview with Mike Barclay, senior vice president of Birmingham, Alabama-based Southern Foodservice Management, regarding the company's operations. Overview of the company's contracts; Purpose of the company's Web-based program, iCafe; Effort of the company to develop services for...
- Elevating Culinary. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;4/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p32
The article focuses on the commitment of Southern Foodservice Management Inc.'s chef Iraj Fernando to restaurant-quality food. Fernando mentions that he worked at Bigsby's restaurant from 1989 to 1996 then work as a chef at Southern Foodservice. It states that the dedication of Fernando to...
- 31% see more promos in '97: Menu brand-counts rise. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p1s
Reports on findings from `FoodService Director' periodical's study of menu-brand trends in the United States. Non-commercial operators' promotion of manufacturer brands daily and weekly; Increase in the number of food kiosks; Initiatives launched by soup marketers Campbell's and Stockpot; Taco...
- Breakfast cart revs up Marathon Oil Tower sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the impact of the introduction of breakfast carts on the sales made by the Marathon Oil Tower in Houston, Texas. Information on the operations of the cart; Details on the service offered by the carts; Reference to the affordability of the commodities offered; Factors which influence...
- CALENDAR. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p60
Presents a schedule of events for the food service industry in Canada and the U.S. from November 2004 to October 2005.
- New castle has food for kids, jobs for teens. Jabat, Kim // Food & Nutrition (00464384);Spring90, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the Summer Food Service Program in New Castle, Delaware. Sponsors of the program; Purpose of the program; Benefits generated by kids from the program.