- Welcome! Albala, David M. // Urology Times;Dec2007 Modern Health for Men, Vol. 35, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on benign prostatic hyperplasia and another on erectile dysfunction.
- Nonsurgical treatment of BPH. // Geriatrics;Jan98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p25
Focuses on the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BHP) in men using microwave technology. Discussion on the microwave procedure; Who this procedure is recommended for; Indication of clinical trials using the procedure.
- Bipolar vaporization shows benefits over TURP. Auge, Brian // Urology Times;Feb2003, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p6
Examines the effectiveness of using bipolar plasmakinetic resection and vaporization system in treating patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia in Genoa, Italy. Use of nonconductive irrigation fluid in monopolar cautery system; Accounts on the hyponatremia associated TUR syndrome;...
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia: Use of drug therapy in primary care. Oesterling, Joseph E.; Beduschi, Richardo; Beduschi, Mario // Geriatrics;Mar98, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the condition benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and the use of drug therapy in the treatment of this condition. Effects of this condition in elderly men; Problems associated with this condition; Types of medications use to treat it. INSETS: AUA symptom index for evaluating benign...
- Alpha blockers are safe and effective for older men with BPH. // Geriatrics;Mar98, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p89
Reports on research results regarding the safety of alpha blockers for older men with benign prostatic hyperplasia from the British Journal of Urology December, 1997 issue.
- BPH. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p303
An encyclopedia entry for the medical acronym "BPH," which refers to benign prostatic hypertrophy, is presented.
- Can Male Pattern Baldness Predict BPH? Kuritzlky, Louis // Infectious Disease Alert;May2012 Clinical Briefs, p10
The article cites a study published in a 2012 issue of the "Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology" comparing metrics pertinent to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with and without early androgenetic alopecia which suggested a possible link between BPH and male pattern baldness.
- Alfuzosin. // Reactions Weekly;3/26/2011, Issue 1344, p6
The article describes the case of a 65-year-old man who developed thrombocytopenia while receiving alfuzosin treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- BPH management today. Mangera, Altaf; Chapple, Christopher R. // Indian Journal of Urology;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p169
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses benign prostatic hyperplasia/benign prostatic obstruction (BPH/BPO).