WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Fifth Annual U.S. Ambassadors Tour 1997. // Business America;May97, Vol. 118 Issue 5, preceding p1
Provides information about the Fifth Annual U.S. Ambassadors Tour 1997. Highlights of the seminars lead by American ambassadors and senior commercial officers from the United States' embassies in ASEAN; Organization who organized the fifth annual tour; Focus of the business seminars; Date and...
- New ambassadors. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;8/16/93, Vol. 4 Issue 33, p586
Lists those ambassadors appointed between January and June, 1993. Included are James Richard Cheek, Harry J. Gilmore, Victor Jackovich, Harriet Wisnar Isom, Peter W. Galbraith, Pamela Harriman, Marilyn McAfee, William Thornton Pryce, Richard W. Mueller, Jean Kennedy Smith, Marshall Fletcher...
- New ambassadors. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;11/15/93, Vol. 4 Issue 46, p795
Lists ambassadors appointed between July and September 1993. Each country listed includes the ambassador's name and date of appointment. Botswana, Burkina Faso, Canada, Chad, Congo, Cuba (Chief of Mission), El Salvador, Gambia, Germany, Guinea, Holy See, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, Mongolia,...
- Rent rebate. // New Internationalist;Mar97, Issue 288, p4
Reports that when American and Russian officials negotiated a 20-year rental agreement for the US Ambassador's Moscow residence in 1995, annual rent was set at 12,000 rubles to be paid in dollars.
- "TURKISH AMBASSADOR LEAVES BORDEAUX. // Punch or the London Charivari, Vol. 147, November 11, 1914;1/1/1914, p32
The article reports that the Turkish Ambassador has left Bordeaux, France on a visit to Biarritz, France.
- The 10 most. Farley, Christopher Joh; Gregory, Sophfronia Scot // Time;1/31/1994, Vol. 143 Issue 5, p20
Lists the ten most generous campaign contributors named as ambassadors. In descending order: Swanee Grace Hunt, Austria, $358,700; K. Terry Dornbush, Netherlands, $253,750; M. Larry Lawrence, Switzerland, $196,304; Edward Elliott Elson, Denmark, $182,714; Pamela C. Harriman, France, $130,902;...
- SO LITTLE TIME AND SO MUCH TO SEE IN MACEDONIA! // Macedonian Diplomatic Bulletin;Sep2013, Issue 76, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being the U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Macedonia.
- Advice to the political Ambassador. Jones, David T. // Foreign Service Journal;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p17
Presents information on the role of a United States ambassador in relation to representing the country in different parts of the world. Separation of your former career from your diplomatic career; Indepth look at what is required of an ambassador.
- False economy. Walsh, Kerry-Anne // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/04/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6023, p32
Reports on a decision to dismiss up to 50 press officers from Australian embassies. Possibility of reversing the decision; Proposal to abolish the Development Import Finance Facility; Plans to replace Australian press officer with local staff in overseas posts.