- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;11/19/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p36
The article presents a calendar of events of interest to the multichannel sector in the United States from November 2007 to January 2008, including the Sports Video Group League Technology Summit, the Consumer Electronics Association 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show, and Society of...
- Sprint Halts MMDS Rollout. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p40
Reports the decision of Sprint Corp. to delay the deployment of its multichannel multipoint distribution services. Implications of the decision to equipment vendors; Speculations on the company's decision; Rationale behind the decision.
- MMDS: From Back Burner to Centre Stage. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the increased importance of multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) in the telecommunication sector. Use of MMDS as a way to provide advanced two-way digital broadband access; Impact of the buying sprees of Sprint and MCI WorldCom.
- Quality is in the eye of the beholder. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/13/95, Vol. 229 Issue 20, p5
Opinion. States that telecommunication network operators in the United States need to consider quality of service in their multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) efforts. Customers' quality demands; Factors influencing customers' decision to shift to MMDS; Arguments for and...
- Watch TV and become good-looking and rich. Dick, Brod // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2003, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p10
Editorial. Comments on the need for multichannel communication. Assignment of informative and factual programs on primetime television (TV); Advantage of watching TV; Change in the schedule of TV programming.
- RBWM setup digital in-plant. // PrintWeek;1/27/2012, p2
The article reports on the investment of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead (RBWM) in digital print and finishing equipment to transform its print in-plant into a multichannel communications provider in England in January 2012.
- Meeting in Cyberspace. D'Entremont, Scott // OfficePro;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p12
Provides information on several virtual meeting technologies. Reservationless teleconferencing; Web conferencing; Videoconferencing.
- BellSouth bids for MMDS service. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;4/29/96, Vol. 230 Issue 18, p9
Reports that BellSouth Corporation made a bid of $12 million for the multichannel multipoint distribution system (MMDS) licenses to serve the New Orleans market. Owner of the 30 MMDS licenses; Date of auction; Benefits to BellSouth; Reason for the selection of New Orleans.
- Being multi-channel is no longer just an optional extra. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;11/26/2009, p02
An introduction to series of articles discussed within the issue is presented, which include the use of social media for customer care and sales, and another article on consumers' multi-channel experiences.
- MAJOR SHOWS. // Multichannel News;9/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p22
A calendar of events related to multichannel communication in September 2007 is presented which includes a conference of the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications, cable days of the Cable Center, and a symposium of the Cable & Television Human Resources Association.