- Lipids. Goldemberg, Robert L. // DCI;Sep96, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p70
Reports on the introduction of lipids and related compounds by various cosmetics companies during the 1996 Supplier's Day show. Includes hydrogenated polyisobutene from Lipo Chemicals; Mona Industries' gamma linolenic acid derived from starflower oil; Biomimetic lipid matrix from Brooks Industries.
- Potent stuff. Portyansky, Elena // Drug Topics;7/21/97, Vol. 141 Issue 14, p26
Reports that approval has been given for a third-generation HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, BAYCOL (cerivastatin sodium). Response of Frederick S. Mayer, who is involved in cholesterol counseling programs; Information on the lipid buster made by Bayer Pharmaceutical Division, in West Haven,...
- Educational materials in review: Monograph research brief. Sigman-Grant, Madeline; Couch, S.C. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p364
Reviews the monograph report `Dietary Modifications Designed to Affect Lipid Metabolism.'
- Glycerol Trioleate-Water Partition Coefficients for Three Simple Organic Compounds Platford, R. F. // Bulletin of Environmental Contamination & Toxicology;Jan1979, Vol. 21 Issue 1/2, p68
No abstract available.
- Fluctuations caught in the act. Nielsen, Lars K.; Bjornholm, Thomas // Nature;3/23/2000, Vol. 404 Issue 6776, p352
Shows that critical fluctuations in the domains in a lipid monolayer can be captured and measured by immobilizing the monolayer on a solid support and visualizing the pattern using atomic-force microscopy. Nanometer-scale domain organization in the lipid-bilayer component of biological...
- Vesicle fluctuation analysis of the effects of sterols on membrane bending rigidity. Henriksen, Jonas; Rowat, Amy C.; Ipsen, John H. // European Biophysics Journal;2004, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p732
Sterols are regulators of both biological function and structure. The role of cholesterol in promoting the structural and mechanical stability of membranes is widely recognized. Knowledge of how the related sterols, lanosterol and ergosterol, affect membrane mechanical properties is sparse. This...
- Nano- and Microdelivery Systems for Marine Bioactive Lipids. Pereira, David M.; Valentäo, Patricia; Andrade, Paula B. // Marine Drugs;2014, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p6014
There is an increasing body of evidence of the positive impact of several marine lipids on human health. These compounds, which include Ï‰-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, have been shown to improve blood lipid profiles and exert anti-inflammatory and cardioprotective effects. The high...
- Lipid screening: Is it enough to measure total cholesterol concentration? Neil, H.A.W.; Mant, D.; Jones, L.; Morgan, B.; Mann, J.I. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/22/90, Vol. 301 Issue 6752, p584
Examines the effectiveness of lipid screening in identifying total cholesterol concentration. Association of hypercholesterolemia with coronary heart disease; Relationship between total cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations; Implication of lipid screening to the measurement of cholesterol.
- Rab proteins mediate Golgi transport of caveola-internalized glycosphingolipids and correct lipid trafficking in Niemann-Pick C cells. Choudhury, Amit; Dominguez, Michel; Puri, Vishwajeet; Sharma, Deepak K.; Narita, Keishi; Wheatley, Christine L.; Marks, David L.; Pagano, Richard E. // Journal of Clinical Investigation;6/15/2002, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p1541
Presents a study that characterized caveolar pathway for glycosphingolipids. Factors that contributed to the correction of lipid trafficking defects; Methodology; Results of the study.
- Lipid Assets. Herman, Steve // Global Cosmetic Industry;Dec2001, Vol. 169 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the significant function of lipids in cosmetics. Link between the proper balance of lipids and healthy skin; Definition of lipids; Sources of skin lipids.