- Medicaid plan focuses on HEDIS measures. // Hospital Home Health;Jul2009, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p78
The article discusses health care plans, with a focus on Health Plan of Michigan.
- Hope & despair. Gopal, Kevin // Pharmaceutical Executive;Nov97, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the health problems being faced by North Korea. Natural disasters and economic problems; Suspension of many health projects; Loss of power supplies in immunization programs; Problem of malnutrition; Shortage of common drugs in the market.
- Radical training changes planned for health sector. Littlefield, David // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p7
Reports about the National Health Service putting the finishing touches to a plan that will revolutionize the way training is carried out in health service in the United Kingdom. Shift of responsibility for training from regional health authorities to local health employers; Consortia of...
- Health hypocrisy. Jason, Pini // African Business;Nov96, Issue 215, p26
Reports on the status of the health-care sector of Nigeria. Absence of link between policy-makers and the organized private sector; Productive capacity of the local drug manufacturing industry; Importation of fake and sub-standard drugs; Impact of the reversal of health targets by the Ministry...
- Family opinions about end-of-life medical care. Huffman, Grace Brooke // American Family Physician;3/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p1108
Presents information on a study in relation to the opinion of family members concerning end-of life medical care, which can be found in J Am Geriatr Soc by LC Hanson, et al.
- Measuring quality. // AHA News;7/17/95, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p5
Reports on the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations' appointment of the Council of Performance Measurement to identify quality measurement systems which will evaluate the performance of hospitals, integrated delivery systems and networks.
- Medical city, USA. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;12/16/96, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p7
Focuses on the changes in the health care market of Nashville, Tennessee. Reputation of the city as the capital of the investor-owned health care field; Launch of the Hospital Corp. of America and Hospital Affiliates International Inc. in 1968; Doctor Thomas Frist Jr.'s role in the industry's...
- `Get horizontal' to improve quality. // AHA News;10/27/97, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p3
Emphasizes the importance of empathy for physicians in improving health care quality.
- Home rehabilitation may be best. // Aging;1985, Issue 354, p14
Home care relieves the tension of being in an unfamiliar place and often results in faster recovery. All the necessary equipment, except for large whirlpool units and diathermy machines, are able to be supplied to a home. Cost comparisons can be made and programs tailored to fit the need.
- chapter 5: Key Sector. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2008 2nd Quarter, p45
The article offers information regarding the pharmaceuticals and healthcare industry of Venezuela.