- Obesity surgery becoming popular choice locally to reduce medical costs. Franks, Jonathan // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/12/98, Issue 322250, p3
Features several Fresno, California-based surgeons that perform gastric bypass with roux en Y for obese persons. Diseases associated with the obesity; Difference of Herbert E. Gladen's procedure from other weight loss programs; Concerns of several physicians on the use of the procedure;...
- Weight loss surgery in older patients. // Patient Care;11/30/1993, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p84
Presents an overview of the scientific paper `Gastric Surgery in Morbid Obesity: Outcome In Patients 55 Years and Older' by A.M. Macgregor and C.S. Rand published in 1993 in the `Archives of Surgery' journal. Average of six years follow up; Average weight loss; Average decrease in body mass index.
- Tummy tucks are the latest fad in Kerala. // Asian Pacific Post;1/13/2013, p16
The article reports on the trend of bariatric surgery procedure in Kerala, India.
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Bariatric Times;Jun 2013, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p26
A calendar of events for the U.S., Turkey and Israel is presented which includes Obesity Week 2013 in Atlanta, Georgia, 63rd Annual Obesity and Associated Conditions Symposium in Phoenix, Arizona, and the 4th World Congress for the Advancement of Surgery in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- FAT CHANCE. Weir, Kirsten // Current Science;1/7/2005, Vol. 90 Issue 9, p8
Presents information related to weight-loss (bariatric) surgery among teenagers in the U.S.
- Experts call for increase in bariatric surgery. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Nov2010, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p609
The article reports that experts in the taskforce Severe and Complex Obesity is urging for immediate action to help severely obese people with diabetes through improved access to bariatric surgery.
- CMS drops cert mandate for bariatric. McCarthy, Mark // Medical Device Daily;12/2/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 231, p8
The article reports that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services will cancel its requirement that surgical centers be certified to perform bariatric surgery citing that continued certification would not improve health outcomes for Medicare beneficiaries.
- The safety and transformative power of bariatric surgery. Kerrigan, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal;8/9/2014, Vol. 349 Issue 7970, p19
The article discusses the technical advances in bariatric surgery in Great Britain as of August 9, 2014.
- Bariatric surgery for obesity and metabolic conditions in adults. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;9/6/2014, Vol. 349 Issue 7973, p29
The article offers information on bariatric surgery for adults with obesity and metabolic conditions and mentions topics including initial remission of type 2 diabetes.
- Health value of bariatric surgery demonstrated in trials. // Gastrointestinal Nursing;May2014, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p9
The article looks into studies on the life-saving value of bariatric or weight loss surgery on people with cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Topics include the effect of weight loss on cardiovascular outcomes, the impact of bariatric surgery on blood sugar control, and the cost effectiveness...