- Helicobacter pylori: New developments and treatments. van Zanten, Sander J.O. Vel; Sherman, Philip M. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;06/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p1565
Highlights new developments in research on Helicobacter pylori. Consensus that all patients with duodenal or gastric ulcers who have a positive result for H. pylori should be treated for infection; Classification of the bacteria as a definite human carcinogen; Suggested drug combination...
- H pylori rarely recurs after triple therapy. // Modern Medicine;Mar94, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p58
Presents an abstract of the article entitled `Long-term Helicobacter pylori Recurrence After Successful Eradication with Triple Therapy,' by A.F. Cutler and T.T. Schubert published in the September 1993 issue of `American Journal of Gastroenterology.'
- Breath test for ulcer bacterium. // FDA Consumer;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the approval of a breath test for the detection of Helicobacter pylori by the Food and Drug Administration. Prevalence of the bacterium in the United States; Function of the test kit; Efficiency of the test.
- Dual regimen was ineffective in U.S. trial. Roberts, John; Greenberger, Norton J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;08/15/98, Vol. 129 Issue 4, p310
Presents a summary of the article `A United States Multicentre Trial of Dual and Proton Pump Inhibitor-Based Triple Therapies for Helicobacter Pylori,' by L. Laine, J.E. Frantz and others, which was published in the periodical `Ailment Pharmocal Theory.'
- Diagnostic accuracy of tests for eradication of H. pylori. // American Family Physician;3/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p1094
Presents information in relation to a study on the diagnostic accuracy in testing for eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection which can found in the Am J Gastroenterol journal in 1997, by A. Rolllan et al.
- OFFICIAL PUBLICATION OF THE FEDERATION OF INTERNATIONAL SOCIETIES FOR PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY, HEPATOLOGY AND NUTRITION. Winter, Harland S. // International Seminars in Pediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition;Mar2004, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
Introduces a series of articles about Helicobacter pylori and the relevance of Helicobacter pylori infections.
- In the world of black and white, Helicobacter pylori is gray. Blaser, Martin J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;04/20/99, Vol. 130 Issue 8, p695
Editorial. Reviews the fundamental associations between Helicobacter pylori and human health and disease. Diversity of H. pylori strains; Improvement of treatments to eradicate H. pylori; Suspected adverse health effects of total elimination of H. pylori; Determination of whether interaction...
- Preface. Nakajima, Shigemi // Current Pharmaceutical Design;Oct2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p1l
Introduces articles about Helicobacter pylori infection, published in the journal 'Current Pharmaceutical Design'. Testing and treating Helicobacter pylori infection; Etiology of Helicobacter pylori.
- Preventive and Therapeutic Vaccines Against Helicobacter Pylori: Current Status and Future Challenges. Ernst, Peter B.; Pappo, Jacques // Current Pharmaceutical Design;Oct2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p1557
Approximately 50% of humanity is infected with Helicobacter pylori. Normally, this is a life-long infection indicating that the host response to natural infection fails to yield protective immunity. Moreover, the chronic inflammatory response associated with this infection can contribute to...