- Vaginal infection? Don't assume it's yeast. Keehn, Joel // Glamour;Feb94, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p39
Provides clues to differentiate among yeast infections, a trichomoniasis and a bacterial vaginosis. Discharge; Odor; Sensation.
- Diseases characterized by vaginal discharge. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;2/23/1998 Supplement RR-1, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p70
Focuses on vaginal discharge and the diseases which it characterizes. Names of the diseases; What are the causes for the diseases; Treatment for the diseases; Special considerations when dealing with the diseases characterized by vaginal discharge; More detailed information.
- Health 911. Mandelbaum, Judith // Self;Mar98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p88
Questions whether an individual should be concerned with strong-smelling vaginal discharge. When strong vaginal odors occur; Information on bacterial vaginosis (BV); Statements from James A. McCgregor, M.D., professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine...
- Burning question. D.R.M. // Cortlandt Forum;05/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p162
Offers advice on the management for a 20-year-old nulligravida with pain of the vulva and burning of the labia minora of two days' duration. Description of the flulike syndrome with generalized aches and pain; Possible allergic reaction to semen.
- Douche dangers. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb98, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p34
Presents the results of research conducted on the link between douching, and bacterial vaginosis (BV). Comments from Sharon Miller, director of reproductive infections disease research at Magee Women's Hospital at the University of Pittsburgh; Contact information for the booklet entitled...
- A medical guide to dealing with a pervasive female disorder vaginal infections. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1993, Issue 67, p13
Presents a medical guide for dealing with vaginal infections. Difference between vaginal infection and normal vaginal discharge; Causes of infections; Treatment; Determining symptoms.
- Diagnosis prize. // New Scientist;2/12/94, Vol. 141 Issue 1912, p11
Reports on an incentive offered by the Rockefeller Foundation of New York aimed at encouraging development of affordable and simple diagnostic tests for chlamydia and gonorrhea. Application of such tests in Third World countries.
- Reply to Forney et al. Marrazzo, Jeanne // Journal of Infectious Diseases;11/15/2006, Vol. 194 Issue 10, p1469
A response by Jeanne Marrazzo to a letter to the editor about his article "A Persistent(ly) Enigmatic Ecological Mystery: Bacterial Vaginosis" in the 2006 issue is presented.
- Splash attack! Marer, Eva; Walch, Abigail // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p162
Discusses the results of a study which focuses on vulvovaginal candidiasis or yeast infection. Factors that contribute to vaginal itch-and-burn during summer; Tips on how to prevent yeast infections.