- Evidence based medicine is broken. Spence, Des // BMJ: British Medical Journal;1/11/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7940, p41
In the article, the author discusses developments in the drug industry in Great Britain as of January 2014. He focuses on the issue of evidence based medicine (EBM), claiming that EBM is driving overdiagnosis and overtreatment in the country. He also tackles such topics as the EBM screening...
- Wanted: humanistic medicine. Epstein, Miran // BMJ: British Medical Journal;2/1/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7943, p23
A letter to the editor about the conception that poor regulation compounds the profit driven pollution of evidence based medicine is presented.
- Essential Evidence-Based Medicine, 2nd Edition. Carr, Vincent // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;12/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 24, p2368
The article reviews the book "Essential Evidence-Based Medicine, 2nd Edition," edited by Dan Mayer.
- Are clinics interested in up to the date reviews of effective care? Paterson-Brown, Sara; Wyatt, Jeremy C.; Fisk, Nicholas M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/4/93, Vol. 307 Issue 6917, p1464
Focuses on the funding of the Cochrane Center to prepare and disseminate systematic reviews of evidence based practice in England. Dissemination of systematic overviews of evidence based practice; Reason for not having the database; Popularity of clinical protocol.
- Letters. Mercer, Jean // Zero to Three;May2012, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article discussing evidence-based care in a previous issue.
- Strengthening evidence-based healthcare in Africa. Forland, Frode; Rohwer, Anke C.; Klatser, Paul; Boer, Kimberly; Mayanja-Kizza, Harriet // Evidence Based Medicine;Dec2013, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p204
The authors reflect on the importance of evidence-based healthcare (EBHC) practice in Africa. They mention the creation of a Collaboration for Evidence Based Healthcare in Africa (CEBHA) which aims to strengthen the practice to benefit the needs of people. They discuss the challenges during the...
- Evidence is everywhere. MacDonell, Karen; Melrose, Robert; Neill, Judy // British Columbia Medical Journal;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p291
The article offers information on the evidence-based medicine (EBM) resources developed by the Library of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia.
- Users' Guides to the Medical Literature: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Practice, 3rd ed. Warren, Beverlee // Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings;Apr2015, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p256
No abstract available.
- ERRATUM. // Journal of Research in Nursing;Jul2009, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p383
A correction to the letter to the editor "On the Constitution and Status of 'Evidence' in the Health Sciences -- A Response to Jon Mendel's Letter by Stuart J. Murray" that was published in an issue of "Journal of Research in Nursing" is presented.
- Evidence-based clinical practice for the neurointerventionalist. Hirsch, Joshua A.; Turk, Aquilla S.; Mocco, J.; Fiorella, David J.; Jayaraman, Mahesh V.; Meyers, Phillip M.; Yoo, Albert J.; Manchikanti, Laxmaiah // Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery;Mar2015, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p225
The field of neurointerventional (NI) surgery has developed in the context of technologic innovation. Many treatments readily provided in 2014 would have been hard to imagine as recently as 10 years ago. The reality of present day NI care is that, while providers, payors, policy makers and...